Thread: Shipping cards in bulk

Shipping cards in bulk

By the looks of it there has never been a thread like this before and I thought this thread could be of use to many people who ship cards in bulk. Whether you're shipping 5 cards or base sets, you might be wondering how you can save some money on shipping or how you should package the cards when mailing them out. While I have a couple of specific questions, my hope is that users could use this thread to ask questions and share knowledge on the topic.
    Collecting: auto's and game used patches of Jari Kurri, Grant Fuhr, Paul Coffey and other 80's Oilers. Also looking Ed Belfour autos. For all players, it doesn't matter what team they are shown with.

2. Check out Steel City Collectibles Clearance Center
    Here are my questions: On quite a few occasions I have made trades where I am sending 15-25 cards to help somebody else with set completion and every time I go to package them up, I wonder if there is a cheaper way to ship in Canada. Currently I package my cards in an Ultra-Pro plastic tin. While this seems like the most obvious way to go, I still sometimes pay upwards of $5.00+ for shipping across Canada or to the US. I've sometimes considered breaking up the cards into two different smaller tins to save money and basically mail out two smaller packages to the same person just to save money. Does anybody know of a cheaper method that what I currently use (shipping together in one tin)?

I also have some base sets sitting here in boxes and have never considered trading them because I'm worried how much it will cost to ship across Canada or to the US. Does anybody have a rough idea of what it costs through Canada Post, and how you package the card storage box when shipping?
    Collecting: auto's and game used patches of Jari Kurri, Grant Fuhr, Paul Coffey and other 80's Oilers. Also looking Ed Belfour autos. For all players, it doesn't matter what team they are shown with.

I don't know the answer..... but I'd love to hear it. I'm pretty ticked off with Canada Post after yesterday.

I received a lot of cards, shipping from the states, in a small card box. I think it would hold 250 cards, but that might be a little high. It cost the guy less than $3.00 to mail it to me in ON, from RI.

I was sending out a package last night. I didn't want to use bubble mailers.... becuase I would have needed to use 2 or 3 of them (I was mailing out roughly 45 cards). I had a box from Between The Pipes (a couple years ago) that they all fit into perfectly. The box is exactly big enough to lay a card down, and I had just enough room to get all the cards in. I taped it shut, wrapped it in paper (needed a clean surface to write on) and then wrapped it in tape again. IT COST ME $12 to mail it out.

I could have split that lot up, put it in 4 bubble mailers, and it would have cost me half of that. I'd rather send things all as one package.... and seen as how I already have that one packaged, and @ the post office.... I wasn't going to bother turning around and repackaging everything.

That isn't right. It's shouldn't cost me $12 to send a package that weighs roughly one tenth of a kilogram... and would fit inside a shirt pocket.

For US to US shipping, I can stick 3-660ct boxes in a flat rate and pay $9 for shipping (regardless of weight)... thus the reason why i'm looking for US to US options to move base cards
    If you have unwanted cards you are looking to purge, please consider a donation to my family's mission in helping to find a cure for Olivia's disorder Diamond Blackfan Anemia. Cards donated will be sold on eBay, COMC or locally in the Buffalo/Niagara area to support the Hidden Content .
    ---
    Shipping done on Saturdays for all Addresses
    ---
    Contact me for any site related issues
    =====
    Support SCF Sponsors

When can count boxes be found? I cannot find any, anywhere!

Quote Originally Posted by 07mears07 View Post
    When can count boxes be found? I cannot find any, anywhere!
    flatrate boxes?

post office... no cost for the flatrate boxes
    If you have unwanted cards you are looking to purge, please consider a donation to my family's mission in helping to find a cure for Olivia's disorder Diamond Blackfan Anemia. Cards donated will be sold on eBay, COMC or locally in the Buffalo/Niagara area to support the Hidden Content .
    ---
    ---
    =====
    Support SCF Sponsors

the count boxes are from a local sport card shop
    ---
    ---
    =====
    Support SCF Sponsors

Ok, my LCS doesn't have them thats why I was wondering, Thanks.

Nino