Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Random Sports Trivia #90

Random Sports Trivia #90

BGray is currently busy at the moment. So I will be doing trivia tonight. No moderators allowed in answering, please.
    For 30 CardCash:

There are only 3 people in MLB who have won World Series titles as a player, then as a manager. Name the 3

note: the answer is someone who won a title as a PLAYER; then won a title as a MANAGER of the team (not 3rd base coach or pitching coach or 1st base coach)

Once you post an answer, you must wait 30 minutes before posting another answer from the time you first posted

note:
    For those who may be wondering what happened to the first trivia --- a Moderator answered, and the trivia was opened only to members other than a Moderator.

So, here's a new one

Studin --- nice job!!

The correct answer to "name the catcher or catchers who have 4000 or more total bases"

is NO ONE.

Carlton Fisk came closest with 3999.

I will keep in touch with you, once I ask BGray if he will give you the 30 points.

the reason I erased the original trivia was because another Moderator had answered NO ONE, but I wanted other members to answer the trivia.

Since you're the first, I will see if I can ask for the points for you

I was wondering what happened. I knew Fisk was the all-time leader so I looked up his stats to be safe and when I came back it was gone.

john1170 -- ding! ding! ding!

congrats to you!! And 30 CardCash will be awarded to you by this weekend once I inform BGray and/or Iggy of this

as an example,

Scioscia won the title in 1988 as catcher of the Dodgers, then won it in 2002 as manager of Angels

Pinella won as manager of Reds in 1990, and as Yankees player

Davey Johnson won as manager 1986 Mets, and as a player (forget the team)

Scioscia was also on the 1981 dodger team and davey johnson won it in 1970 win the orioles.

Hey podstock did you get the approval of the other mods yet?

Also nice avatar john1170.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast