Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See giguer87's Items on eBay

UD Black Diamond or UD Artifact?

I would like to start a new collection and I can decide myself between the Black Diamond or the Artifact.

Whitch set is the best for trading or selling. I can have for the same price both box so that not a problem.

If you can give me the good and the bad between. Thanks a lot for all information about that.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See matteohockey's Items on eBay

Defenitely go with Artifacts..theres a hit in every pack..

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Chicago Blackhawks Vegas Golden Knights
    Twitter: @CenterIceCC See eahobbies's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

Black Diamond, IMO it looks better and is a really nice set. Not sure why, but Artifacts just seems weird to me. However, that depends on these:

What is your purpose of buying?
    If looking for autos and memorabilia, go with Artifacts.
    If looking for a nice base/rc set to have, BD is the way to go.

Selling he goods...
    If you are willing to go for the risk/reward of Artifacts, that is the way to go. But IMO the safe way to go would be to go with BD, you get nice RCs and a couple nice quad jsys and maybe an auto too.

So basically it comes down to what you want, but here is what I would do:

BLACK DIAMOND

OR...

get a box of each!
    Last edited by HammerHawks; 05-05-2009 at 09:05 PM.
    Hidden Content
    Collecting Niklas Hjalmarsson, Jaccob Slavin, Ryan Dzingel, Brogan Rafferty, Derek Whitmore, Blackhawks, & 2003-04
    Hidden Content Hidden Content Hidden Content

Country

personally i prefer artifacts, the one quad rookie per box doesnt cut it for me at over 100 bucks for the box. i picked up a mason bd rookie for 16 bucks, and i am certain that would prob be the best card out of that box probably. artifacts your going to get 4 or 5 memo cards, 2 or 3 rookies and a cpl inserts for roughly the same price. i would def go with artifacts. but base card wise bd is a nicer set. but i feel you get more for your buck with artifacts, at least one dual card too. and a lot of #d cards.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Buffalo Sabres Buffalo Bills

Especially if youre just starting out and hoping to build up some tradebait then go with Artifacts. Youre going to pull a few nice GU, an auto, and a Rookie redemption in every box (well..."on average" lol). Also, on top of that, you pull a few non-redemption rookies per box and a few of the best ones are included (mason, Brassard, Giroux, ect.)

BD can be good too but basically youre putting most of your hopes in pulling a nice quad RC. Sadly, the quad checklist is pretty weak this year (None of the 3 calder candidates are quad rc's this year)

Go with Artifacts :)

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See giguer87's Items on eBay

Ok, but the basic card, I found they look better on the artifact so i'm gonna see. Thanks all

But I can have the artifact hobby for 10$ more than the Black Diamond. So the difference it's only 10$

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Chicago Blackhawks Vegas Golden Knights
    Twitter: @CenterIceCC See eahobbies's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

Walter_Sobchak

"BD can be good too but basically youre putting most of your hopes in pulling a nice quad RC. Sadly, the quad checklist is pretty weak this year (None of the 3 calder candidates are quad rc's this year)"

Uh yeah, Ryan and Versteeg were hobby rookies last year, so that really isn't saying too much...though NO QUESTION, Mason SHOULD have been a quad for sure.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See G0SHARKSG0's Items on eBay

well at my shop artifacts is 25$ more then black diamond. So you are either getting a good deal on artifacts or getting ripped off on black diamond....either way I like the look of black diamond and I think that artifacts would be a lot tougher to collect

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Buffalo Sabres Buffalo Bills

Walter_Sobchak

"BD can be good too but basically youre putting most of your hopes in pulling a nice quad RC. Sadly, the quad checklist is pretty weak this year (None of the 3 calder candidates are quad rc's this year)"

Uh yeah, Ryan and Versteeg were hobby rookies last year, so that really isn't saying too much...though NO QUESTION, Mason SHOULD have been a quad for sure.

Ok? Not really sure what youre saying to me. I gave my opinion. I assumed he was buying 08-09 Black Diamond, which is, in my opinion, a weak set. Consider the top 3 rookies...

Mason- Triple diamond and therefore will never be worth what it should be..

Versteeg- As far as I can tell doesnt have a black diamond rookie this year or last year...but I could be wrong?

Bobby Ryan- Quad diamond last year

Just my opinion that with a somewhat weak rookie set, and some of the best rookies this year not in black diamond its not worth the gamble..

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See steveoauctions's Items on eBay

ARTIFACTS!!!
    its such a nice set.. and if you like parralles (like I do, its the set for you)
    some ppl are all for parralles some say there should be less...
    I pulled a 1 / 5 Shane Doan base.. and its one of my favorite cards of all time
    (maybe i'm just wierd lol)
    But you get one parralle per box, whether its out of 100 or less
    If you enjoy a nice patch or 2 or 9, I have also done really well with multi color beautiful patch cards out of Artifacts
    I wont sit here and bash Black Diamond though... I have bought the product.. I just don't like it and never really done well with it...

But hey if you go for ARTIFACTS and need some help with the set LMK
    (check my Bucket) I can probably help you out quite a bit

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast