Thread: My first Rant....

My first Rant....

why is it that some collectors complain about not getting certain cards in a box when the odds obviously are stated on the box. They send the wrappers, call the companies, want email adddresses and raise a fuss, then two posts down hit on a hot box and get more then the odds state. I dont see them call UD and saying, hey you gave me four extra autos and three gu.

I understand if a box states guarenteed and you dont get what stated, I think alot of the problem with the customer service is they are so overwhelmed by frivoulous calls they can handle the legit ones. And for the record, I'm definitely not defending the companies, I am on record several times as a CS basher.

This happened on both my 2008 Upper Deck Series 2 Baseball Hobby boxes. Both just had USA hits. No MLB auto's or GU's. I called them and they sent some 1 dollar auto/gu's and then again for the second box and they said maybe in a month and a half you'll get something....that was way more than a month and a half ago. There are also some stuff from the UD Kids rewards program not yet received which should have been received months ago.

Well if you pay for a product you expect to receive what is stated on the box. It's never happened to me but i wouldn't want to pay like $100 and not get the hits i needed lol

I guess if the hits are 'guaranteed' on the side of the box, then there is definitely room to complain.

If it says 'on average' you will get one per box, I guess there isn't much room to complain since some boxes might not hit the average.

The main question I would have, on these 'on average' one GU per box, has anyone ever really gotten 2 GU out of one of those boxes? If some don't have any, and most have 1, then there needs to be boxes out there that have multiples, correct? Otherwise, the 'average' would be less than 1 per box. Anyone ever buy a box at let's say Walmart or Targer that says 1 GU per box on average and pulled two GU out of there?
    Hidden Content

I collect Red Sox, Patriots, Celtics, Bruins and UNH Hockey and Football Players (Base/Inserts/GU/AU)
    My PC NFT is exactly that, Not For Trade! It is for show only. So, please don't ask!
    I unfortunately can no longer afford to trade outside of the US. Even Canada rates are way too high!