Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: question about Hi Def TV

question about Hi Def TV

I don't have a hi def tv

so is it just me or has my regular picture gotten progressively worse in the last couple years? everytime i watch something live, my picture is blocky and pretty ugly (ESPN is the worse)....like for instance when you take a hi resolution photo from your digital camera and reduce the quality it ends up like crap. i dont know if its because the cameras they use to film it are hi def and im getting a stripped down picture, or if they are doing it on purpose so that i think i need to go get a hi def tv.

anybody?

i noticed the picture was way better hi def on my tv compared to older tvs. the camera hi def doesnt do anything but make the picture worse on some cameras unless you have the settings adjusted to the light and filter

i have a 46" hd tv, although i dont have HD

but you can still tell the difference w/o HD on the HD Tv than if you had an older one

Quote Originally Posted by RedGoneWILD View Post
    I don't have a hi def tv

so is it just me or has my regular picture gotten progressively worse in the last couple years? everytime i watch something live, my picture is blocky and pretty ugly (ESPN is the worse)....like for instance when you take a hi resolution photo from your digital camera and reduce the quality it ends up like crap. i dont know if its because the cameras they use to film it are hi def and im getting a stripped down picture, or if they are doing it on purpose so that i think i need to go get a hi def tv.

anybody?
    I've wondered the same thing. I've actually wondered if the TVs are setup to produce the bad picture. The reason is I have a HD TV and when I watch a program that isn't in HD, the picture is HORRIBLE. However, if I watch the same program on a 20 year old Samsung I have in my bedroom, the picture is fine.

I have a 34inch vizio 1080p thats blurry compared to my vizio 22 inch 720p. but I guess it depends on the cables because my 22 inch tv has a newer cable ran to it with a hdmi

Here's the deal IMO-

With an HDTV, if you watch SD, (or standard defintion) on it- the picture actually gets bigger, meaning it's essentially becoming stretched.

Now if I'm getting your inquiry right Red, you are taking images with a HD camera? Then viewing it on a normal TV? If so the picture will look like poop because you need an HDTV or HD monitor to view it on :)

Need more info brotha!

no...i have a 35" sanyo tv from about 1996 (still works great)....it's a tube, not a flat screen...some of you younger folk are probably wondering what the heck a tube is...haha

everytime i watch an event that is braodcast live on ESPN (or today ABC) the picture is real choppy & blocky....i was trying to describe the picture by comparing it to a hi resolution photo that has its quality reduced.

Today I was watching the Rockets vs Lakers on ABC & the picture was absolutely horrible. I changed the station to NBC (golf was on) and the picture wasn't really that bad, and it wasn't blocky. I don't ever remember the picture being blocky like that in the past, only in the last couple of years have I noticed it...and i think it has to do with the game being broadcast in HD as well.

an example of what i'm talking about....here's a devin hester card i own taken with my digital camera...the first picture has been exported with a quality of 100...while the second has been exported with a quality of 1....the second picture is what the NBA game looked like on my tv today

hmmmm strange, could be your cable/satellite provider don't know for sure.

Nice Hester btw :)

Awesome card...

I have HD and love it, great for sports.

I think they do it on purpose to make you buy a HD tv and every tv in my house is HD :)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast