Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See onepimptiger's Items on eBay

Actor Gary Sinise floated as possible GOP savior

Actor Gary Sinise floated as possible GOP savior

Nicolle Wallace, a top adviser to George W. Bush and John McCain’s presidential campaign, is adding a few names to the list of Republicans who might lead the GOP out of the wilderness.

Top among them? Actor Gary Sinise...

...“The natural strengths that an actor brings to politics would come in handy to anyone going up against Obama in 2012,” she wrote. “We will need an effective communicator who can stand toe to toe with Obama’s eloquence”...

...She also named Generals David Petraeus and Ray Odierno as possible Republican saviors.

Interesting. I definitely agree that the GOP will need some new faces and a new "golden boy" (or girl...not Palin) to get back into power...not sure if Gary Sinise is the guy though. The only current player I could really see making a difference is Ron Paul because he is somewhat anti-establishment and has a strong grass roots following...I doubt he will rise to that level, but I think he has a better chance of a meteoric rise than the others have of closing the gap. I don't think Giuliani, Romney, McCain, Palin, etc really have a chance of reviving the party.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I like Sinise as an actor, but I feel like the GOP would be trying for another Reagan. On top of that IMO.... He just looks evil.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See onepimptiger's Items on eBay

I like Sinise as an actor, but I feel like the GOP would be trying for another Regan. On top of that IMO.... He just looks evil.

Good point. Agreed...on both accounts. I think going for an actor just because they are a good speaker, have mass recognition, etc is a bad move. Now if he happens to be a great political ideologist, sure. Basically, if another Reagan pops up, great...but don't go trying to make one.

But yeah he does just look evil to me...hard to trust a cop that would kidnap a rich guy's kid for a big ransom.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See duwal's Items on eBay

Good point. Agreed...on both accounts. I think going for an actor just because they are a good speaker, have mass recognition, etc is a bad move. Now if he happens to be a great political ideologist, sure. Basically, if another Reagan pops up, great...but don't go trying to make one.

But yeah he does just look evil to me...hard to trust a cop that would kidnap a rich guy's kid for a big ransom.

some Republicans are trying to find their answer to Kal Penn

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See undefeated*'s Items on eBay

History has conclusively proven that actors suck at politics.