Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See alexpatry's Items on eBay

Are people spending to much?

Hello,
    I'M a huge hcokey card fan and collector and I see people here on the box break chat opening 100$ boxes like crazy ( 6 ultimate box break etc)
    Are people rich in here or are they saving money for that.
    I live a very whealty life and I can only afford 100$ spend per month on the hobby due to my other needs (bills, food , house, etc)
    Are people getting in debt over hockey cards?
    I think it’s a thight subject but I'm just curious about people spending 1000$ per month on cards?...even though I would do the same if I had the money.
    Comments please!

Country
    See 41mears41's Items on eBay

I think what people do, is buy a bunch of boxes at one time, then sell sell sell! Keep the PC, and more selling to buy more boxes. Let's say I dropped $1000 on bozes, sold back $600, now I have $600 to spend on boxes. I buy boxes and sell back $350. Now I have $350 on boxes. That is how I'd do it. Makes sense.

SCF Rewards
    Country

make sense

Blog Entries
    Country

I think most of time when you see case box breaks, high end boxes etc... its usually group breaks

Country

I think most of time when you see case box breaks, high end boxes etc... its usually group breaks

Not really, people can afford box and case breaks, and like I stated before, you can sell back a lot of what you got, and a case is the best way to sell back all the cards including case hits.

Blog Entries
    Country

Not really, people can afford box and case breaks, and like I stated before, you can sell back a lot of what you got, and a case is the best way to sell back all the cards including case hits.

but it seems like you're losing a huge amount of money everytime you do a case break... just doesnt make sense to me.. buying a case and then selling almost everything and still down $300+

Country

Or u could be making 500. People aren't in this hobby for the money. Most likely u will lose money. People don't expect to break even and if u do sweet

SCF Rewards
    Country

for example that wouldnt be good for me since I keep every hit I get:)
    except if its a Toronto or Ottawa player I trade it lol
    so that strategy would be pretty much expensive for me

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See mw83krk's Items on eBay

If you keep every hit (I do too) then busting many boxes probably doesn't make much sense, since you can generally buy those singles for cheaper on ebay than the initial box/case prices. What busting a box gives you is that mystery and fun of what can hide inside the packs -- it could be a 1 of 1 or something you otherwise wouldn't buy on ebay.

Personally, I just buy singles because I get to pick out what I really want.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I do love the mistery even if I only buy a couple of random hobby packs.
    I can get very lucky sometimes without spending the whole shabang!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast