Thread: Matching 1/1's ?!?

Exclamation Matching 1/1's ?!?

Hey Guys, As you may possible know, I have several 1/1's in my Glen Davis Collection. The first 1/1 I purchased off of eBay was just after 07-08 Topps Finest came out. It is a Yellow Printing Plate. It says yellow printing plate on the front and it includes the Topps 1/1 Triangular Hologram on the back.

Well, a few weeks back, I purchased the Black Printing Plate of Glen Davis from the set. It essentially matched the yellow one, except it is autographed. I figured that Topps had just decided not to make the Yellow one autographed.

Last night, as I was skimming eBay for Glen cards (like I always do when I'm on eBay lol) , I see this auction:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...:X:RTQ:US:1123

That matches my 1/1 perfectly except for the fact that it is autographed. I messaged the Seller about it, and he said that he pulled it from a pack. He also said that it has the Triangular sticker for 1/1's, and even went so far as to give me the serial number of the 1/1. He said that his says refractor on the back. I checked, and mine does not have refractor on the back.

I don't think this is the super-fractor, because it says Printing Plate on the front. Also, I have seen the super-fractor from this set, and it doesn't look like this card.

I doubt the scan is fake as well, because I origionally won my yellow plate in December of 2 years ago, and it's unlikely it's been on the person's hard-drive for that long.

So what do you guys think ? Did Topps Somehow put 2 yellow Plates into circulation? I'm open to any guesses lol. Let me know what you guys think.

The card is real. Finest has an autographed Printing Plate and a non-autographed Printing Plate of all the colors. They must use 2 different same color plates to create their cards or 1 is the actual printing plate they used and the other they just say is lol. They only did this for the 07-08 product though which is kind of weird. But the card is real, looks exactly like my Afflalo Cyan Auto Plate. Check Beckett.com and search Glen Davis and you will see both the auto'd plate and non-auto'd plate listed.

Quote Originally Posted by jiggidy View Post
    The card is real. Finest has an autographed Printing Plate and a non-autographed Printing Plate of all the colors. They must use 2 different same color plates to create their cards or 1 is the actual printing plate they used and the other they just say is lol. They only did this for the 07-08 product though which is kind of weird. But the card is real, looks exactly like my Afflalo Cyan Auto Plate. Check Beckett.com and search Glen Davis and you will see both the auto'd plate and non-auto'd plate listed.
    Hmmm, that's seems pretty plausible, just strange that they seem to need 2 plates in Finest whem the never release 2 plates in other products that use Chrome technology.

Yea it is weird but I have seen both auto and non-auto versions of the same color plate of the same player before from 07-08. The 07-08 Finest is actually the only product I have seen 2 of the same plates. I don't know what the reasoning is but I do know there is an autographed plate and a non-autographed plate from 07-08 Finest.

If I'm not mistaken, Treasury is like that.

I've seen several Jamison printing plate autos. I've also had a J. Moon non-auto printing plate in hand.

Ya, it's like that. I have an auto version of my Wilson Chandler Cyan Printing plate from 07-08 it's in my bucket.

Beckett lists two printing plate sets. An auto and a non auto version.