Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Interesting chart on gas prices

Funny how gas prices have gone straight UP since Obama took office. When Obama took office it was at $1.82 and now it is around $2.25. Since we know from the Bush administration that gas prices are 100% attributed to the President, what is Obama doing wrong? And why isn't the media showing every penny increase like they did last year? Hmm... I wonder why. :)

2. Check out Steel City Collectibles Clearance Center

It's obviously because Obama is not an oil-hungry warmonger who invades other countries for oil...just thought I'd beat somebody to it.

I defended Bush against ignorant claims that it was his fault gas prices skyrocketed and I will defend Obama for the same thing...for the moment. At some point, increases will be Obama's fault, as he has said gas and electricity prices will "necessarily skyrocket" to help fight "global warming."

actually the media just started talking about it today and had their "experts" on to tell us how high they thought gas would be this year.

also, don't gas prices drop around election time historically?

I feel the up tick now is the standard summer time demand increase. Gas has always gone up around memorial day. The craziness last year seemed to stem from speculators. Hopefully it doesn't get that way this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Star_Cards View Post
    I feel the up tick now is the standard summer time demand increase. Gas has always gone up around memorial day. The craziness last year seemed to stem from speculators. Hopefully it doesn't get that way this year.
    Exactly right, gas prices always increase during summer...it's not Obama's fault and it wasn't Bush's fault.

That's it, Mike...keep complaining about Obama on some internet forum, and sooner or later they're bound to get rid of him!

gas prices coincide with the typical usage people have during the year. For most of the country from November through February the climate is at its coldest and that leaves people with the feeling of not wanting to go out and brave the cold. When its colder chancer are most people would rather stay home. How many people will meet up with friends or family for a picnic in a park, meet up for the movies or go out to a restaurant for dinner. Guaranteed during the colder months its a much smaller percentage than say someone going for a road trip somewhere in spring

Right, its not Obama's fault.

But when they go down again I'm sure a few people on here will be saying its his fault they went down ;)

I believe that speculators, not the president, have much more of an impact on gas prices. No matter who the incumbent is, they don't deserve much of either criticism or praise for gas prices.

I'd rather look at a 12-month graph as it is probably a better representation of the same time of year last year instead of 6 months ago. Gas prices change most according to seasonal reasons.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast