Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

May 23- Jeremy Gordon Update

Live from the press releases we find that our very own, Jeremy Gordon, has won the feature in his class.

Here is the excerp from

RacingBoys.com

In the Jim’s Tire Service Hobby Stocks, the cars took an interesting start as they went four-wide down the front stretch with Tanner Young taking the lead out of turn two. Jeremy Gordon was hot on his tail with Michael Tyler, Danny Everts and Harold Dump nipping at his heels.
    With only two laps in the books, leaders were already catching lap traffic. A caution flew on lap four, as Michael Hudson made a little too much contact with Jim Ash in the front stretch sending both drivers to the back of the pack.
    Gordon used the restart to his advantage as he took the lead from Young coming out of turn four. A few cars decided to rocket off the track at turn three but remained moving and reentered the track at turn four leaving the field of cars under the green-flag racing condition.
    Tyler began feeling the pressure of Everts on lap six. Everts kept working on Tyler until he moved into third position on lap 10. Leaders began catching heavy lap traffic as the white flag flew over the field. Everts took a strong run into three and four while using the lap traffic to his advantage and came out in second as the checkereds flew.
    Gordon picked up the feature win with Everts, Young, Tyler and John Simpson rounding out the top five.

The final standing for the race.

Jim’s Tire Service Hobby Stocks Feature
    1. 15G Jeremy Gordon – Sedalia (4)
    2. 77 Danny Everts – Knob Noster (7)
    3. 13 Tanner Young – Green Ridge (2)
    4. 21 Michael Tyler – Knob Noster (3)
    5. 96B John Simpson – Sedalia (16)
    6. 18X Jacob Estes – Sedalia (6)
    7. 5M Miranda Arnold – Sedalia (19)
    8. 10 Jim Ash – Windsor (8)
    9. 72B Brent Viebrock – Green Ridge (12)
    10. Z21 Steven Tyler – Knob Noster (14)
    11. JC Michael Hudson – Kingsville (5)
    12. 99 Mark Harrison – LaMonte (10)
    13. 2B Brian Martin – Green Ridge (11)
    14. 54 Bret Cox (9)
    15. 43 Harold Dump II – Calhoun (1)
    16. 7C Danny Crum – Hughesville (13)
    17. 57 Carolyn Griesel – Windsor (17)
    18. T17 Thom Gravemann – Warrensburg (15)
    19. 47 Travis Snell – LaMonte (18-DNF)

Congrats to Jeremy for his winn last weekend.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See hunnied's Items on eBay

Wooohooo!!! CONGRATS JEREMY!!!!!!!!!

Ashley

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See tmorrow1957's Items on eBay

Wow, that`s AWESOME!!! Sweet to see Jeremy in the winner`s circle!! Thanks for the info Mike!!

Tom

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See kapperskloset's Items on eBay

WTG Jeremy!!! You keep this up and you'll be going places!! Thanks, Mike for the update!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Sedtag1's Items on eBay

Thanks everyone for all your kind words as well as to Mike for the update. It was a GREAT weekend at La Raceway for us. Just happened to be Car-Mart of America night at the races... who of which is our title sponsor. So it was a great night to come out on top for us (a great chance to win brownie points with corporate ;) Haha.

To follow up on this, our season a La Monte has been going well.. we are currently tied for Second in points, only 2 points out of the Lead! And youall will be excited to see the next press release whenever it comes out, because we took home another win last night!

As for our Season at Double X Speedway in California.. we are struggling to get a finish. With words and rumors in pre season that we might have a target put on our car all season long, they turned out to be somewhat true. Every weekend, turns out worse then the weekend before. Our latest weekend down their, we put a little over a straightaway lead on 2nd after about 4 laps.. but bad luck struck when we went to pass a lap car on the outside and got struck in our Left Front wheel, sending us into the outside concrete wall airborn. Not the way I wanted to end our night seeing that we were so dominate. The hit was a hard one which bent 2 tie rods, broke 1 tie rod end and it snapped the left front drive axel off in the transmission. It was quite the mess to fix, but i worked hard all week with dad to get everything fixed and back in line. But hard work payed off.. and got the victory bandaid we needed last night.. and its on to Double X this Sunday night to try and recoup some luck and take this car back to a Victory in california.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Arnold, Gordon repeat at LA Raceway

May 30, 2009 - 2:09 PM

By Michael Desmond
    The Sedalia Democrat

LA MONTE — Friday was a night of repeat performances at LA Raceway.
    After collecting feature wins a week ago, Bryan Arnold and Jeremy Gordon landed in a familiar place — victory lane.
    Arnold came from inside the second row and held off a charging field to take the checkered flag in the street stocks final.
    In the hobby stocks final, Gordon fended off defending points champion Danny Everts and polesitter Michael Tyler to win.

In the hobby stocks feature race, Everts led the 18-car field through the midway point of the race. With three laps completed, Gordon passed Michael Tyler, of Knob Noster, on the high side of turns one and two to take second.
    On lap seven, Tyler made a run on both Gordon and Everts and grabbed a brief lead before a caution flag was thrown.
    Because Tyler did not lead a complete lap, he was forced to return to third on the restart.
    Everts, Gordon and Tyler began to distance themselves from the rest of the field by lap nine.
    With three laps to go, Gordon made his move to the inside of Everts and swiped the lead. Tyler followed Gordon’s maneuver and took second as Everts fell to third.
    As the white flag dropped, Jim Ash, of Windsor, went to the inside of Everts and took third. Everts finished fourth followed by Bret Cox.

Story taken from the Sedalia Democrat website.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Thanks for the update Jeremy, you keep hanging in there and things will turn around at Cali for you. Congrats on another win at LA this weekend.

Can't wait to see what happens next and good luck tonite.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Sunday Night Thunder Strikes Again
    Double-X Speedway - California, MO

May 31, 2009

By: RaVae Edwards

Sunday night at Double-X Speedway was full of surprises! From flyin’ flames to
    bumpin’ bumpers, Double-X fans left the track knowing they got what they paid for
    – a night of fun, action and satisfaction!

The Hobby Stocks heat winners Sunday night were Mike Barton of Eldon and Luke

Skidmore of Green Ridge. However, it was Sedalia’s Jeremy Gordon who pulled
    into the number one spot in the Hobby Stocks feature race securing the win for the
    night.Gordon was followed by Skidmore in a close second; Mike Schrader, Sedalia;
    David Martz, Sedalia; and Allen Guthrie of Raymore.

The top five point leaders are: Skidmore, 376; Schrader, 320; Gordon, 316; Martz,
    294; Bridget Clifford, 256

Article Taken from xxspeedway.com.

Finally!! We made it through a night without tearing up... too much, at Double X Speedway. And brought home win #2 outa 2 of the weekend. Were definately a ways behind #1 spot in points.. but theres still hope with 12 weeks of racing left to go. Next week I believe theres going to be a "Special Drivers Meeting" for our hobby stock class to settle a few of these drivers down that have been tearing up each others cars week after week. For 3 weeks in a row Ive got intentionally SLAMMED by the same group of lap down drivers causing me a lot of damaged parts and loss of points. Last sunday night.. I actually had one of these cars turn down and make a complete stop on the racetrack infront of me as I went to lap them so that i would wreck out of it. Good thing I was on my feet, I was able to avoid misshap and still bring home a checkered. It really is getting rediculous as to what people will do to try and significantly change the results of a race (not to mention the risk theyre taking in hurting another driver as well as themselves). Almost takes the fun out of it. But, I will continue to run down there and hopefully get together with some people and try to solve this controversy. Im done having a Target on my Head, and I know theyres many other drivers Racing there with this same problem.

Well.. back for more updates later. Thanks everyone for the read.

-Jeremy #15G

SCF Rewards
    Country

Thanks again Jeremy for the updates. Congrats again on win 2. Hope everything gets squared away at the driver meeting.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See hunnied's Items on eBay

Thanks for all of the updates! Congrats! :)

Ashley

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast