Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Which RB to collect?

Which RB to collect?

Well i am probably going to collect Roddy White, but I wanted to see if there are any RB's that can get my intrest. Looking for a RB that are cheap now but there cards have lots of room to grow in value.

-not looking to collect anyone on the Packers.

-Thanks

Dont know if these are cheap or looking for cheaper, but I say Darren McFadden. His cards fell a lot but he was injured for most of last season. He healthy now and I think hes ready to have a break out year.

If you want to go cheaper than him, I say another good one to get is Jamaal Charles. No one knows whats going on with LJ in KC and I dont see LJ being there much longer. Another low one right now also could be Ray Rice

Felix Jones his stuff fell when he got hurt, but i kinda expect it to be going up again once the season starts so you better get them now

I am not really looking to collect 2008 RB's

Well the only ones I can think of off the top of my head that aren't 08 is Darren Sproles and Frank Gore. Don't think Gores stuff has room to grow but he's an established back who's autos are cheap.

To me if your looking for a player with potential you pretty much would wan to go with an 08 or 09 back. That's just my opinion

I was knda thinking along the lines of......

Darren Sproles
    Deangelo Williams(even though he isnt very cheap)
    Marion Barber

and a guy I think is a sleeper is Derrick Ward I think he could have a breakout year as a fulltime RB.

What are your guys opinions of these guys or some guys you can think of.

I'm not big on Sproles...I think he'll be a change-of-pace back his whole career and if any team tries to make him their feature back, he's not going to do well. I wouldn't count on him as a long-term investment, but for the short-term, you might be able to do well on him.

DeAngelo I like...he stuff isn't exactly cheap right now, but it hasn't gotten outrageous yet either. I liked him a lot when he was behind DeShaun, I just think he has the perfect combination of speed and power and he's going to do very well.

Barber I'm leary of. I think the guy definitely has talent, but he has Jones and Choice waiting in the wings for him to slip up just a little. They've already shown they can both play, if Barber has a slump, they could easily step in and push him out...kinda like he did to Julius Jones.

And I would go for Ahmad Bradshaw over Derrick Ward for a NYG RB...I just like him better to compliment Jacobs. Neither is a bad pick really, but I wouldn't expect too much out of either right now being behind Jacobs.

Jones-Drew's stuff isn't really cheap, but I think he's going to have a break out year...he'll break into the 1,000 yds dept w/Taylor gone and keep his 10-13 TDs. He should be a big name for years to come.

I like Frank Gore, but I'm just not sure how much his stuff will go up playing in San Fran...he's been around since '05 and has shown a lot of talent, but his stuff is still relatively affordable. I just don't think there's as much of a market for his cards unless Singletary gets the team back to winning...which is a possibility for sure. If you get some of his stuff now and they do start winning again, it could be a big payoff.

I like Pierre Thomas too. He showed last year he's a beast...now McAllister is gone, so he should be the premiere back. Bush is like Sproles, he's a good change-of-pace playmaker, but he'll never be a good feature back, so Thomas' chances of shining there is great. And I'm sure you can get his stuff pretty cheap right now.

And a big time sleeper I like is Michael Bush. He's 3rd on his team's depth chart right now, but the guy has talent and he's never really got a shot at playing. He missed all of 2007 w/injury and only got 95 carries last year...but he had 27 carries for 177 yds and 2 TDs against Tampa Bay at the end of the season. He has huge upside if he ever gets away from Oakland...Al Davis is stuck on McFadden, perhaps rightly so, and I don't think he'll ever get a fair shot there. There has been interest in him from other teams, so if he were to be put on the trade block, I'm sure he'd find a new team easily.

chris wells he is cheap he is big he is super fast and he is on a team they can not stack the box against him

Quote Originally Posted by ™™™packers View Post
    chris wells he is cheap he is big he is super fast and he is on a team they can not stack the box against him

Beanie ran a 4.59 40yard. One of the slowest.

Quote Originally Posted by wheeler281 View Post
    Beanie ran a 4.59 40yard. One of the slowest.
    And I wouldn't say he's particularly cheap either...the only 2009 drafted RB who regularly sells higher is Knowshon.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast