Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Question for team collectors

Question for team collectors

Hey all you team collectors out there, do you collect by the jersey the player is wearing in the picture or by the team logo or printed on the card. Example like some early products dont have pictures of players in the uniforms due to off season trades. Im not sure how I want to do this and was looking for some opinions. Thanks!

2. Check out the Auctions from Packrip.com
    it all really depends. if you're a team collect, which i am not, then i'd only go for cards that are in the teams jersey or at least have the teams logo on it

yeah well if it has the teams logo on it then its going to listed as Rangers or whoever on the checklist so thats what I was thinking about doing.

This has to go down to what you feel is really important. I have run accros a variety of opinions about this myself. It depends on some part how you display your cards.
    If you have them in a binder all together, and seeing how you are a Rangers collector. It would be more appealing to have them in Ranagers Jerseys only, and not in other team jersey's even if it has the team logo on it.
    Of course there are also cards of players that are in Rangers jersey's, but are traded, and have another team logo on the card. You could go after those cards, but are listed as another team, and really don't represent your team.
    Just think of how you are showcasing them, and maybe jersey continuity might have an upper hand in this case for you.

As well I hope you enjoy all the Messier's I am sending you.
    Searching for: Jagr, Palffy, Stumpel, and Boyd
    Here is my Hidden Content For Easy Trading use the SCF Inventory Manager!
    Also Looking for Upper Deck CFL Saskatchewan Roughriders Cards!!

For me, it is only when the player is wearing the jersey.

I guess it depends on what you want to collect. If you're after RCs of current or past players, not all are going to be in your team's colors.

I have been working (slowly) on getting at least 1 card of everyone to play for the Oilers, pictured wearing an Oilers jersey (I've also been doing RCs and Autographs, where the jersey doesn't matter).

I want a card where they wear an Oilers Uniform. If that does't exist.... I'll take one that has an Oilers logo on it, says 'Oilers' whatever. But that is only a backup. The first one (pictured with Oilers) has to not exist for me to go after it.

When I create boxes for teams in my collection I usually like to ensure that the logo and the sweater match, but I do make exceptions.

I collect anything related to the Canucks. So if it has the logo but a different jersey, I want it. If it has a Nucks jersey but a different logo, I want it. Just how I roll I guess...any and all things Canucks is my motto.. one of my most fave cards is a Messier GU showing him pictured in a Nucks jersey (and I assume the swatch is also Nucks) but it has the Rangers logo on the bottom.
    Last edited by RGM81; 05-28-2009 at 11:58 AM.

I pretty much collect everything, any player in a Sens jersey or if the card states the player as being on the Senators. Additionally I'll collect cards of current Senators even if they are from a different team (i.e. Pascal Leclair Colombus GU).

I collect based on the player pictured in a Leafs uni which I collect...
    LEAFS PC = 7,363 unique cards 15,552 Total Cards

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast