Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

TTM Baseball Card Question

I was wondering if anybody knew if it is a good idea to send duplicate cards to a player for TTM?

I heard that some players do not like when their autos get sold for profit ( I send duplicates because I want to give one to my dad as well as keep one). They may think I'm keeping one and trying to sell the other.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    - Chris
    Last edited by Baltimore Blues; 05-28-2009 at 04:15 AM. Reason: Mistake

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See sportyryan2008's Items on eBay

some players sign them all, some sign one and give you back the rest unsigned, and others sign 1 and keep the others.

it all depends who youre dealing with

SCF Rewards
    Country

some players sign them all, some sign one and give you back the rest unsigned, and others sign 1 and keep the others.

it all depends who youre dealing with

Thank you for your input.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See ruchankirby's Items on eBay

But what players don't understand is ttm autos can't be sold for much unless you get it authenticated so that will take money so in the end you don't get much profit from selling ttm autos

SCF Rewards
    Country

if i have to send dupes, i usually explain to the player why i have dupes, which is usually as a gift for someone.
    Cards FT: Hidden Content

I collect Aaron Judge
    BV hasn't been relevant since 2008. Unless we've used BV previously, I prefer to look at sales for value

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See deeakay's Items on eBay

But what players don't understand is ttm autos can't be sold for much unless you get it authenticated so that will take money so in the end you don't get much profit from selling ttm autos

That's the truth! I just bought a '09 Topps CC Sabathia (Brewers) signed (IP or TTM) card on Ebay for $3.76 + $2.00 s/h! I'll pretend this is my TTM Request return.... and still hope I get my TTM back some time in the next year.

I don't think it's a good idea to send dupes at all. I've sent dupe TTMs (2 cards total) to players and I've gotten the return with 1 signed and the other un-signed. When others have sent a 2 card (non-dupe) TTM and got both signed. This happed for me with Gamel & Counsell. I got 1/2 and others got 2/2.
    So I've missed out on getting a 2/2 TTM Return for sending dupes. I'd suggest sending 2 different cards!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Toronto Blue Jays Toronto Raptors

I myself have never sent more then 3 cards and most of the time i only send 1 Now

I hate the guys & Gals that send 10 cards then complain that he only sign 4/10 cards

Mike

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

It would seem that sending only a few is the nice way to do it. I also think that, if it is the same card part of your letter should be explaining why. Ask for them to be personalized to your first names and they will be less likely to think you are selling them!
    Hidden Content ~ best SCF feature ever!
    Go Mets, Colts, Reds and The Ohio State University
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

I myself have never sent more then 3 cards and most of the time i only send 1 Now

I hate the guys & Gals that send 10 cards then complain that he only sign 4/10 cards

Mike

I don't send more than two.. I send 2 out of 3 dups I have just in case I never see them again. But I agree with you on what you mean.

- Chris

SCF Rewards
    Country

And thank you all for your input.. I will start explaining why I send duplicates to the players in my letters.

Thank you very much again,

- Chris

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast