Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

Angry Packer Fans ARE NOT going to be happy about this

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/colum...hiestand_x.htm

Lambeau Field is going to have a name change and some company's name is going to replace.

This just after the Bears "sold away their sole" to some bank.

I just pray that the Yankees don't sell the naming rights to their stadium.
    Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See wdwain's Items on eBay

That stinks in my opinion and i am not a Green Bay fan. A stadium around that long with so much tradition should never change it's name.

SCF Rewards
    Country

That is soooooooo messed up. I can't think of anything I hate more. That happens to Fenway and I walk away from baseball all together.

BGray

SCF Rewards
    Country

Originally posted by wdwain
    That stinks in my opinion and i am not a Green Bay fan. A stadium around that long with so much tradition should never change it's name.

That's how I feel about it.

I'm not a Packers fan and if I was I would probably be steaming mad right now.

When stadiums are around that long and are that special a corporation SHOULD NOT BE ALLOWED TO ADD THEIR NAME TO IT.

SCF Rewards

Actually, the Bears didn't "sold away their sole" to some bank
    That was blown way out of proportion. It's not going to be used in the name of the stadium. It is still going to be called just Soldier Field, nothing else.
    Its just really hard to explain, but the Bears as a team were like bought by a bank, not really bought, just very hard to explain like i said. But no one bought out Soldier Field.

SCF Rewards
    See Rocky15231's Items on eBay

that does stink

SCF Rewards

well....

I grew up watching the Lakers play in the Fabulous Forum.

Then it was the freaking Great Western Forum (for some damn bank)

Now, Lakers moved to new arena, and it's farking Staples Center.

Next thing you know, there'll be an arena dubbed Hemorrhoids Center.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Can't say I love the Tigers playing at "Comerica Park", but it should be worse. At least is wasn't Tiger Stadium getting renamed.

The Lions now play in Ford Field. I can live with this. The Ford Motor Company is not only a Detroit buisness icon, but the owner of the team is also the owner of the company so there is a connection. It ain't like some bank or internet company or something with no roots or ties to the area.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Originally posted by bergzautos
    Actually, the Bears didn't "sold away their sole" to some bank
    That was blown way out of proportion. It's not going to be used in the name of the stadium. It is still going to be called just Soldier Field, nothing else.
    Its just really hard to explain, but the Bears as a team were like bought by a bank, not really bought, just very hard to explain like i said. But no one bought out Soldier Field.

Yeah I know they didn't sell the name of Soldier Field.

But they did sell the Bears name to Bank One or some other bank.

So at the games they will be announced as The Chicago Bears presented by Bank One or something to that effect.

What they call the Bears is not important though its just that I DON'T LIKE COMPANIES DOING THIS TO TEAMS.

I watch sports to enjoy a game between 2 teams. I don't watch sports to see a computer company versus a bank company.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See Molina00's Items on eBay

Ford Field I can understand being Detroit but changing the names of stadium that are somewhat American icons is just wrong.
    If the Rangers ever do that, I will be mad.
    The Rangers ballpark doesn't really even have a name does it?
    The Ballpark at Arlington isn't exactly a stadium name.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast