Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    (32) HI
    Country

But why not do what I said and checklist it and have a redemption? Then at least you have a "paper trail" of sorts to prove it's existence and that it was part of the original print run, not some after thought.

Plus it allows for a player or team collector to plan for and search for the card, add to a wantlist, etc. Saying it exists and/or adding it to a checklist 3 years after it was printed? That's ridiculous in my opinion, just state up front the card was produced and checklist it. Then there are no surpsies when it shows up. Just like they know what cards they send out they know what cards they print...........................

because then you would have:

-people complaining about pulling redemptions
    -people complaining about waiting for their redemptions to be fulfilled
    -people calling in to UD CS and asking about the status of redemptions
    -people calling in to UD CS and asking for replacements
    -people complaining about their replacements
    -and finally, people complaining about how their unfulfilled redemption is now on the market

this way, UD saves themselves the aggravation and wasted man hours and avoids pissing collectors off. either way really, UD loses.

As far as the redemption unhappiness, maybe if they PAID the athletes on time, that might help alleviate some of their pain and get some more cards in house. Sometimes when you have a big company you just gotta be fiscally responsible dude.

how about with Kostitsyn in 05-06 Cup and Ciccarelli in 07-08 Cup when the agent "lost" the players cards?

How would you feel Kevin if a glut of Lundqvist 1/1 cards started showing up here, there and everywhere? And you wanted them but lost out because you did not have the funds to acquire them? Yeah, I know you, you'd be ****** out of your mind dude.

as if i would be that lucky to have a whole thwack of Lundy 1/1's miraculously show up. i'd be like a kid in a candy store though. and believe it or not, even though i've been fortunate enough to land most of what i go after, i'm not a completionist so it doesn't bother me to lose out here and there.

i've also recently acquired a very, very SP'ed Lundqvist card that wasn't checklisted. instead of being ****** and questioning the integrity of UD's practices, i was actually grateful they followed up with the players to get the cards back and that i now had an opportunity to acquire said unchecklisted card.

edit - i also don't recall cursing so why is my ****** censored?
    Last edited by SkyFire47; 06-03-2009 at 12:59 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See stlbluesfan87's Items on eBay

I'd agree with you there. I mean, it's not like Upper Deck doesn't know which cards it ends up sending out.

Im not 100% sure thats always true. Shipping and CS seem to be different departments so much that they dont have the same information at all times. a centralized computer inventory system would be a good investment for them.

So would barcoding cards.

SCF Rewards
    Country

because then you would have:

-people complaining about pulling redemptions
    -people complaining about waiting for their redemptions to be fulfilled
    -people calling in to UD CS and asking about the status of redemptions
    -people calling in to UD CS and asking for replacements
    -people complaining about their replacements
    -and finally, people complaining about how their unfulfilled redemption is now on the market

this way, UD saves themselves the aggravation and wasted man hours and avoids pissing collectors off. either way really, UD loses.

You're right they lose all around, like the customer base that continue to bail them left and right.

BTW, when are hours from people who get paid to work on the hobby, or any product or service for that matter, "wasted" on us, the consumers?

Oh, poor UD having to actually "work". If they did more of that we might not have the same monotonous junk and crapola they keep pumping out. There MIGHT be some ingenuity.

That kind of thinking is part of UD's problem, so I am really surprised to hear you say that as a collector Kevin.

They OWE us EVERYTHING and then some.......................their ignorance and negligent attitude is the root of their current demise................

how about with Kostitsyn in 05-06 Cup and Ciccarelli in 07-08 Cup when the agent "lost" the players cards?

Dude, no doubt, it happens on both sides but let's face it, UD is notorious for screwing up, and a lot, and a lot of the same stuff and issues.....over and over. Have they ever heard the phrase "learn from your mistakes?"

as if i would be that lucky to have a whole thwack of Lundy 1/1's miraculously show up. i'd be like a kid in a candy store though. and believe it or not, even though i've been fortunate enough to land most of what i go after, i'm not a completionist so it doesn't bother me to lose out here and there.

i've also recently acquired a very, very SP'ed Lundqvist card that wasn't checklisted. instead of being ****** and questioning the integrity of UD's practices, i was actually grateful they followed up with the players to get the cards back and that i now had an opportunity to acquire said unchecklisted card.

edit - i also don't recall cursing so why is my ****** censored?

Of course no one is or can be a completionist anyone, it's just not feasible with the glut of parallels, 1/1's and, oh yeah unchecklisted cards.

Kevin it's good to hear they took of care of your card. Now if they did for everyone things might be better. But they don't/won't.

So are you insinuating you got preferential treatment? If so, that again would be accurate with their company of late and you provide another reason why so many are turning their backs on them.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See frozeninfernocollectibles's Items on eBay

You never really know if you complete a set anymore.. The Puck Signings set I was building had six unlisted cards in circulation, that kept popping up long after the product was live. UD makes mention of how their checklists are "final" on the Facebook page, but that doesn't seem to mean anything anymore.

SCF Rewards
    Country

You never really know if you complete a set anymore.. The Puck Signings set I was building had six unlisted cards in circulation, that kept popping up long after the product was live. UD makes mention of how their checklists are "final" on the Facebook page, but that doesn't seem to mean anything anymore.

Do you trust politicians? No? Then Upper Deck is for you!

Welcome to the Upper Deck company, where the Transformers theme is applicable:

"There's more than meets the eye......."

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See goalieboy3124's Items on eBay

how about UD listing boyle with ultimate debut threads patch and jersey autos and i'm 99.999999% sure he doesnt have one. checked ebay EVERY day since it came out. not one. when i emailed them, no reply

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    (32) HI
    Country

BTW, when are hours from people who get paid to work on the hobby, or any product or service for that matter, "wasted" on us, the consumers?

when it can be easily avoided and they can divert their energies and funds into other parts of their company (such as the creativity dept and accounts payables dept for paying players) as you mentioned.

Kevin it's good to hear they took of care of your card. Now if they did for everyone things might be better. But they don't/won't.

So are you insinuating you got preferential treatment? If so, that again would be accurate with their company of late and you provide another reason why so many are turning their backs on them.

nah, no preferential treatment. card randomly showed up on ebay and i hit the trigger. (and fast)

this is definitely an interesting topic. i can imagine how many articles could be written about this with so many sides to debate.

SCF Rewards
    Country

This is funny. Got an e-mail on EBay about one of my auctions:

"Is this real? It is NOT on the Upper Deck checklists."

Hobby Insider Boss

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Hobby Insider (204)
    Country
    See gomaz's Items on eBay

At first, when I saw the words "Upper Deck" and "Integrity" in the same sentence, I thought this must be some kind of joke. Then I read the thread title more closely.

I'm not going to chime in on this one yet (too tired at the moment). I could go on for pages about how UD has no integrity. My suspicion is that they are experiencing a material cash flow issue that is causing them going concern issues.

They have become the "Lower Deck" of the hobby.

Anyway, Barrie, nice to "see" you again. We should catch up soon. Perhaps at the National???

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See gregmal05's Items on eBay

Personally I'd be surprised, in a good way, to see a card I never knew existed pop up. That said I can not imagine how UD justifies leaking them out there as replacements. I remember there was a dude going for the complete Trilogy master set last year, and actually got like 98% of the cards. He said quite a few of the lowered numbered cards were never put into production and then given out as replacements for other products, while Trilogy was still live.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast