Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See thegenerel's Items on eBay

Looking to buy a 08-09 box

I usually only buy football cards but want to try something new.

What is a good value box that I could find?

something that wont run over $50-60 bucks. this is more for fun and maybe get a few nice cards. (im just starting to have interest again - i cant dive in head first!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Buffalo Sabres Buffalo Bills

For that price Id probably go with a box of Upper deck Series 1, or Series 2. You should get 6 YG Rookie cards, some decent inserts and a few GU for a solid price. Usually a pretty fun break. If possible Id try to find 07-08 Series 1 as it has a great crop of rookies.

Another interesting option would be a few packs of the new BAP. Probably about $12 a pack but you have a guaranteed auto per pack. Also, there are dual autos in every box, and rookie jerseys /299. Since there are only 8 packs in a box you have a 1/4 chance that your pack will have the dual or rookie Jersey. Kind of a gamble, but I have had awesome luck breaking a few packs at a time.

Good luck with whatever you buy, and hopefully it gets you hooked on hockey...lol

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See goalieboy3124's Items on eBay

Walter hit it right on the head with Series 1 and 2. I would avoid BAP. Yes an auto per pack but the players are just weak. Ever heard of Bryan Allen? Thought so. I'm a diehard hockey fan and I've never heard of him.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Thats why I said it was a gamble...lol

I bought 10 packs last year at various times (never more than 2 at a time) and pulled 6 duals (one of which was Price/Plekanec), 2 rookie redemptions (Filatov and Turris), and a Triple auto /25 (Vanek/Connolly/Pominville) so I am a bit partial to the gamble lol. You can get burned by weak players though since the checklist is pretty big.

SCF Rewards
    Country

well i overall HATE BAP. With sweet shots gone I think its UD's worst Product. I would say for sure Series 1 and 2 are the most solid choices for a darn good price

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Chicago Blackhawks Vegas Golden Knights
    Twitter: @CenterIceCC See eahobbies's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

YES, go with UD 1 from this year. It's ALMOST impossible toi get a box without a good hit. I got a FAT PACK and got a Wheeler YGs (that's one of the best RCs). Bought 2 boxes, get Oshie, Brassard, and Stamkos YGs (again, three of the top RCs, the Stamkos is the best). SOOO, go with UD 1, there are SO many good RCs to be had. I also really like the Winter Classic cards, those are pretty cool. Pulled a Sid Winter Classic card in the same box. For the most part the JSYs are decent, there are a few duds, but not too many. Good luck with what you get. Also, another suggestion, 2 boxes of 07-08 MVP, you will get 30 RCs, 6 of which are redemptions, but you can get Price, Kane, and Toews RCs from them. The dual JSYs are one per box and you have a chance at a dual AU. For the price, I think it is the best product ever, just my opinion, but I had GREAT luck with my boxes of MVP, in 4 or 5 boxes I got a dual AU and I think 5 or 6 dual JSYs.
    Hidden Content
    Collecting Niklas Hjalmarsson, Jaccob Slavin, Ryan Dzingel, Brogan Rafferty, Derek Whitmore, Blackhawks, & 2003-04
    Hidden Content Hidden Content Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

YES, go with UD 1 from this year. It's ALMOST impossible toi get a box without a good hit. I got a FAT PACK and got a Wheeler YGs (that's one of the best RCs). Bought 2 boxes, get Oshie, Brassard, and Stamkos YGs (again, three of the top RCs, the Stamkos is the best). SOOO, go with UD 1, there are SO many good RCs to be had. I also really like the Winter Classic cards, those are pretty cool. Pulled a Sid Winter Classic card in the same box. For the most part the JSYs are decent, there are a few duds, but not too many. Good luck with what you get. Also, another suggestion, 2 boxes of 07-08 MVP, you will get 30 RCs, 6 of which are redemptions, but you can get Price, Kane, and Toews RCs from them. The dual JSYs are one per box and you have a chance at a dual AU. For the price, I think it is the best product ever, just my opinion, but I had GREAT luck with my boxes of MVP, in 4 or 5 boxes I got a dual AU and I think 5 or 6 dual JSYs.

I agree with the UD1. Solid rookie class with lots of potential, but even the best YGs in this years set dont book high compared to last year.

Personally I would avoid MVP though. I mean its not horrible, but even if you pull the best rookies they arent very valuable/tradeable. So basically you have to hope you get a nice dual jersey or auto to make it a decent box.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I disagree rich. MVP is horrible. I mean I had two great breaks when i 1st started last year in the hobby but its just a lot harder to trade the cards. S1 is the way to go

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See thegenerel's Items on eBay

yea, i really like the UD1. ive been patrolling ebay to get a box but nothing that is a deal.

As a pens fan, i like how there is the Crosby inserts and LOVE the Winter Classic inserts.

Then I would like to get an 05/06 and 06/07 for cracks at Crosby, Malkin, and Staal rookies.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See jackofalltradesLA's Items on eBay

i'd spend $65 and go for a box of artifacts. 10 packs and you are guaranteed at least one rookie redemption, one auto, usually 2-3 jerseys and 3 rookies

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast