Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Best Netminder

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HI (17)
    Country
    See bidds55's Items on eBay

Modern era, without question Patrick Roy in my opinion. remember 1986? 1993? I am totally biased, but no goalie I have seen has had as strong a playoffs as Roy did in '93, and he was consistently better than everyone else in the league for most of his career.
    Brodeur is a distant second in my view.

I think the best goalie still playing is Lundqvist. Hopefully Price passes him soon.

Assistant General Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I think Hasek was better than both Marty and Roy in his best day. There is no way you can compare the Sabres to the Devils or Av's. Hasek, took that team to a caliber playoff team based on his play alone. You think of the Av's you think of a lot of guys Milan, Alex, Joe, Blake, and a few other names that could put up some O. The Devil's always had a great defensive system and with guys like Stevens and Niedermayer they made it work with just enough O to get them over the hump if Marty did his job. Hasek, didn't exactly have a lot in front of him on the D or the O as he did a lot of the work himself.

Also, everyone called him a flopper. So what if he lays on his back and closes his eyes. I mean the job is to stop the puck and he did it wonderfully flopping around. Is there anyone that could do what he did?

If so show me some leg kicks, blocker flaps, belly flops, etc. to stop the puck. He stopped the pucks (nuts).

Don

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See daisyduvall's Items on eBay

Up untill i seen Roy's Remparts win the mem cup In Moncton. I would've said Patrick. But def. be Brodeur hands down. Proffesional on and off the ice.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See michiganice's Items on eBay

just a reminder to all you patrick roy fans...

Roy sure played great to help lift his team here...

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See nextspeed's Items on eBay

Without a doubt, Dominik Hasek has to be the best goaltender in the modern era. Had he been allowed to play upon a year of getting drafted by the Blackhawks back in 1983, he'd probably own the record for most wins as well as most shutouts by the time he retired. Despite that, his accolades and career achievements speaks for itself already. No other goaltender has utilize the unorthodox style better than him as well. He was simply amazing to watch in action, flopping around and coming way out of the net to make plays, something that your traditional butterfly style goaltenders won't dare to do.
    Last edited by tboculosis; 06-07-2009 at 04:30 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Mike Richter, Henrik Lundqvist

Assistant General Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Without a doubt, Dominik Hasek has to be the best goaltender in the modern era. Had he been allowed to play upon a year of getting drafted by the Blackhawks back in 1983, he'd probably own the record for most wins as well as most shutouts by the time he retired. Despite that, his accolades and career achievements speaks for itself already. No other goaltender has utilize the unorthodox style better than him as well. He was simply amazing to watch in action, flopping around and coming way out of the net to make plays, something that your traditional butterfly style goaltenders won't dare to do.

At least one guy on the bandwagon. LOL and I liked him best when he played for Buffalo as he was at the Top of his game handsdown. Any goalie that can get into the psyche of opponents with a flop is king in my book.

Don

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234