Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Funniest cards...

Funniest cards...

Hey, y'all. So, I write for a couple of basketball blogs (not gonna self-promote here ;), and I had an idea for the funniest-looking cards...as in, the action shots/photos on the front.

I figured this was as good a place as any to start, so if anyone remembers seeing a ridiculous card that made you laugh, then post it here (pics would be especially welcome, of course). I think there was a Wesley Person card where he was shooting under water for some reason...that was the first one that came to mind for me.

There was a contest on here last year along the same topic. Check the archives and see if it's still there. Some of the members might have deleted their submission pictures by now. Here is one of my favorites:

1972 Topps Tom Washington. There's just so much going on in this photo. His spinal curvature, his tongue hanging out like he just came back from the dentist, those ssssssssssuper shorts, and matching tube socks. The green background that doesn't go with anything really "topps" it off. (ok, that was bad).

Last edited by tarheelsnipe; 06-05-2009 at 01:10 PM.

Nice...thanks, I'll look around and see if I find it. Feel free to post any others in here, though, guys... :)

The 05-06 Topps Chrome Morris Peterson is funny. The Peterson has him shooting with head band over his eyes.

Months ago we had a "funniest picture on a card" contest. This was my entry:

lol, C-Webb had that same look during the UNC-Michigan title game when he called that timeout that got them a technical.

The one that comes to mind is Luol Deng's 04-05 Bowman Signature Au-jsy RC where he is bent over the large basketball - maybe someone can post a pic.
    Someone else posted a pic of an old card where Shaq and Greg Ostertag were caught in an unusual pose.

Quote Originally Posted by gatorboymike View Post
    Months ago we had a "funniest picture on a card" contest. This was my entry:

Great stuff...thanks, guys. I looked through the old threads, but couldn't find the funniest cards contest. Does anyone have a link by chance?

Quote Originally Posted by wrafman View Post
    The one that comes to mind is Luol Deng's 04-05 Bowman Signature Au-jsy RC where he is bent over the large basketball - maybe someone can post a pic.
    Someone else posted a pic of an old card where Shaq and Greg Ostertag were caught in an unusual pose.
    LOL, I have that card. No scan though....

Quote Originally Posted by BullsFan23 View Post
    LOL, I have that card. No scan though....
    here ya go

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast