Weird Basketball Stat I Found Out Today

So I'm looking over some Larry Bird cards that I picked up and realized that he only played for 13 seasons.

Notable players in the NBA who are at or over the 13 year mark.

Kobe 13
    Garnett 14
    Shaq 16
    Nash 13
    Iverson 13
    Ray Allen 13

All of the guys listed above are still playing incredible basketball, and aside from Shaq, probably have at least 3-4 more years left in them. It's strange to me because Bird seemed so old when he retired, but he was only 36.

2. Check out Steel City Collectibles Clearance Center
    most of those guys came into the league at a very young age, straight out of high school giving them more years in the nba

I think Shaq has more quality years left than Iverson

Nash isnt going to last much longer, he has too many nagging pains.

Larry Bird played 4 years of college ball.

Kobe = none.
    Garnett = none.
    Iverson = left early.
    Shaq = left early.

Still is an interseting stat; the above posters nailed it and I have no problem with earning a living straight out of highschool.
    Last edited by BCUS28; 06-07-2009 at 09:12 PM.

Bird was also forced to retire early because of back trouble. I bet he could have played 2 more seasons if that hadn't happened.

I think it may also have to do with the playing style in Bird's time in the NBA. When Bird played it was a much more physical game than it is today.