Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast

Country
    See 41mears41's Items on eBay

Pittsburgh: Least classy team in the NHL?

Keep in mind this is my opinion as a hockey fan, not a Red Wing fan, although I am one. Please no homer attacks and keep the topic on this.

After watching the Pens get destroyed in game 5, all they tried to do in the third was "stir up the emotion". But when Maxime Talbot went feet hunting on Datsyuk, and Malkin went head hunting on Franzen, it was all INTENT to injure. I know Crosby slashed Zetterberg but that is part of the game. But when you try to injure a player... what is right there? I understand trying to stir the pot like Malkin did in game 2, worked great! But intent to injure? And will Crosby ever give the Wings credit? Crosby is a great player and IMO the best. But he is just like Lebron when he loses. He complains and never gives the winner credit. He needs to man up to become the "Next one"

Nino

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See goalieboy3124's Items on eBay

Its the playoffs. Emotions run high. When you get your butt straight KICKED by a team you're going to be mad too. You have to realize that most teams do this when getting destroyed. Its all because of emotions. No one in the NHL wants to lose.

As for crosby, i think it'd be best to permanently glue his mouth shut.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See rayzorsports's Items on eBay

I agree 100%!!!!!

Grow up Sid!!

Country

Its the playoffs. Emotions run high. When you get your butt straight KICKED by a team you're going to be mad too. You have to realize that most teams do this when getting destroyed. Its all because of emotions. No one in the NHL wants to lose.

As for crosby, i think it'd be best to permanently glue his mouth shut.

Teams dont intend to injure, they stir up the emotion, except maybe Anaheim.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Teams dont intend to injure, they stir up the emotion, except maybe Anaheim.

ehh it happens. It sadly does. There are some people out there that do. I am in no way shape or form defending pitt but yes there are other teams that do the same thing

Country

ehh it happens. It sadly does. There are some people out there that do. I am in no way shape or form defending pitt but yes there are other teams that do the same thing

Well duh, but you constantly see Pittsburgh and Anaheim too do this. The NHL needs to fine them, maybe not suspend, but fine.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See gerberlili's Items on eBay

I think Crosby will give credit when credit is due. Being a leader of his team he can't talk about how great Detroit is, he needs to try to get his team to show up for game 6. When they lose the series and the Stanley Cup is awarded to Detroit, he'll give the credit due. He's being a leader by trying to pump his own team up. As for intent to injure, I disagree. Did it get chippy?? Yes it did. I think the Pens are having a really hard time digesting the fact that the officiating made some REALLY bad non calls in the first 2 games of this series. Zetterberg covering the puck in the crease and the noncall on Hossa that lead to a Detroit goal were game turning moments that can arguably be said cost the Pens the series. Do I like Detroit--no. Do I like Pittsburgh--no. But its pretty clear Detroit are being treated like returning champs and the Pens are being given the cold shoulder in terms of penalty calls.

Country

I think Crosby will give credit when credit is due. Being a leader of his team he can't talk about how great Detroit is, he needs to try to get his team to show up for game 6. When they lose the series and the Stanley Cup is awarded to Detroit, he'll give the credit due. He's being a leader by trying to pump his own team up. As for intent to injure, I disagree. Did it get chippy?? Yes it did. I think the Pens are having a really hard time digesting the fact that the officiating made some REALLY bad non calls in the first 2 games of this series. Zetterberg covering the puck in the crease and the noncall on Hossa that lead to a Detroit goal were game turning moments that can arguably be said cost the Pens the series. Do I like Detroit--no. Do I like Pittsburgh--no. But its pretty clear Detroit are being treated like returning champs and the Pens are being given the cold shoulder in terms of penalty calls.

And the officials made bad calls in Game 3 and 4 which helped Pittsburgh... I guess you didn't watch those games. And he never gave credit last year after the cup was won... you must be new to this sport...

SCF Rewards
    Country

Well duh, but you constantly see Pittsburgh and Anaheim too do this. The NHL needs to fine them, maybe not suspend, but fine.

or do what everyone wants and just take the sharks and ducks, merge em into one team, and sell them to the KHL. Keep getzlaf. hes the ONLY person on either team that i can semi respect

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See gerberlili's Items on eBay

As for the head hunting and feet hunting of Detroit players, that's where all players are being hit now. It's not on those 2 players but everyone. Tell me Kronwall never leaves his feet or puts his shoulder to another players head. They're all penalties anyhow. Maybe Talbot should have speared Datsyuk in the midsection and taken the game misconduct. That way he wasn't going for the feet and Malkin should have just slashed Franzen across the back. It's an emotional game and those two players aren't well enough on those areas of their bodies to play, then they shouldn't be taking the risk and taking penalty deserved hits where 97% of the slashing, spearing and crosschecking take place.

Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast