Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See frankrock's Items on eBay

Show Report: Toronto Card Show 06/07/09

Not only is this post a report of the success of this past Sunday's show, but it's also a big thank you to the collecting community.

It was good to see Houng again and I'm sure we'll see you again from time to time. Hope the Toronto Card Show has helped you a bit with you Gagner collection. :)

Prizes & Giveaways to Kids

At the Fall Expo, we did a drive for donations of cards and complete sets to give to kids at the show. We always give kids a team bag of cards when they walk into the show, but this time we wanted to have great prizes and giveaways that were directly for the kids.

We ended up having a plethora of commons, packs, complete sets, posters, ITG super boxes, and then some. Even though we distributed tons of great stuff on Sunday and put smiles on lots of kid's and parent's faces, we're happy to say that we received so many donations that we're going to do it all over again on July 12th!

Kid's Gift Certificates

Thanks to a generous cash donation, we were able to implement an idea we had been thinking about doing for some time. We printed $5 gift certificates so that kids who won one could run around the show and pick up cards of their choice with certificate in hand!

The kids really dug it and we're thinking of starting a donation program so that we can keep the kid's gift certificates in circulation. Every $5 donated will equal a very happy kid (and less money for parents to fork over themselves!)... not a bad hobby investment at all.

Lots of New Faces

We have been attracting a lot of new people to the show and that was evident this past Sunday. But there were a lot of new faces on the other side of the tables for regulars that come to our show too. In addition to some of our long running regular dealers, we have a lot of new dealers and a variety of new products at the show.

Great Box Breaks

The box breaking was ongoing (and I'm sure Ameet will agree that it had become contagious ;) ) and there were lots of great cards pulled. I hope Ameet will put up a scan of the sweet (and timely) Chris Osgood Super Pad he pulled. :)

I've wrote enough so I'll close for now by saying thank you to everyone that made it to the show, told people about the show, and donated stuff for kids at the show. See you on July 12!

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays New England Patriots
    Twitter: @KarineHains See Pheebs8882's Items on eBay

Great to see that it was a flying success Frank, very nice to hear what you guys do to take care of the future of the hobby :)

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See sg89collector's Items on eBay

Not only is this post a report of the success of this past Sunday's show, but it's also a big thank you to the collecting community.

It was good to see Houng again and I'm sure we'll see you again from time to time. Hope the Toronto Card Show has helped you a bit with you Gagner collection. :)

Oh it definitely has!

The box breaking was ongoing (and I'm sure Ameet will agree that it had become contagious ;) ) and there were lots of great cards pulled. I hope Ameet will put up a scan of the sweet (and timely) Chris Osgood Super Pad he pulled. :)

I think I saw it! Was it next to a Super Glove (I think it might've been Osgood too?)

SCF Rewards
    Country

Hmmm... now was it a Glove or a Pad... can't remember, but it was Super. :P

It was off white with lots of red (not blood) stains on it. Was a real cool card!

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HI (107)
    Country

Yes it was very contagious.

As promised, I am sharing my box break Super Glove of Chris Osgood. In total I broke 3 boxes of 2009 Between the Pipes by In The Game and I had a blast and it took the edge off a crazy busy day.

I want to echo FrankToronto's sentiments in that our show was absolutely amazing and we had some very happy kids and of course very very happy parents. It was a great sight to see not only see young kids get excited but to see Parents equally excited. Scooby and Quincy your Karma has worked wonders at our show.

Also I want to thank everyone for their donations and to those who gave more to give to the kids. One dealer even gave us 3 cases worth of tins from 09 UD Centennial to give to the kids as well. Another donation was of Sweet Shot tins to give away.

I also wanted to share with everyone that one of the local GTA hobby stores called me to come pick up a donation of cards for the kids. The store vendor even offered to pick me up from work to help bring the cards into my home.

To all of you and there are so many to mention, you really made this day special and I hope that your generosity serves each and every one of you well. You made the lives of many kids special.. My hats off to you all.

I wish I had a camera!!!!

To top it off, Frank and I received congratulations from quite a few dealers who stated they made a good pile of cash at our show from all the customers who walked in the door.

This will eventually go on eBay but I want to first share this beauty with everyone.

http://i458.photobucket.com/albums/q.../image0-12.jpg

SCF Rewards
    Country

LOL - I should make mention that the donations of UD Centennial and Sweet Shot tins were empty tins... otherwise that would've been one heck of a donation!!! :P

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See sg89collector's Items on eBay

Yeah that's the card I saw - gorgeous in person!! Very nice pull Ameet!

There were some of the most adorable kids there... lol
    And yes I was wondering whether those were sealed Habs tins!!