Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rasheed to the Cavs?

Rasheed to the Cavs?

http://www.slamonline.com/online/nba...d-to-the-cavs/

My sources say that Rasheed Wallace and the Cavs are beginning talks on a two-year deal worth about $10 million per for the services of the former Piston. The move and negotiations were inspired by Dwight Howard’s dominant performance over Cleveland’s big men in the Eastern Conference Finals. And Wallace will be brought in for that very purpose, to neutralize Dwight Howard next season and help the Cavs get over the hump.

This supports what we previously reported about what it will take for Sheed to come back next year.

If this signing falls through, I’m hearing that Cleveland may do a sign and trade with the Clippers for Zach Randolph, which certainly makes sense for the Clippers since they are taking Blake Griffin No. 1 overall.

-------------------
    I dont see this happening at all, Niether Randolph or Sheed would be any good for the Cavs, and if the Cavs give Sheed 10 million per year, they lose the option for two max contract players...
    Click banner for tradelist
    Hidden Content
    Dan LeFevour PC 192/283

2. Check out the deals at Allgood Collectibles eBay Store
    Sheed would be a good fit in Cleveland....but like you said, if we go after him, and especially if we go after Zach Randolph, that won't allow us to go after a guy like Amare in 2010.

Quote Originally Posted by nadeau01_johnson48 View Post
    Sheed would be a good fit in Cleveland....but like you said, if we go after him, and especially if we go after Zach Randolph, that won't allow us to go after a guy like Amare in 2010.
    You think so? I think he would be bad on the team, either Randolph or Sheed i think could destroy the team chemistry, i'd stick to a 1 year deal if i were them if they were to get one of the two guys...

Sheed isnt a great defender down low, and the Cavs dont need another PF/C who takes jump shots
    Hidden Content
    Dan LeFevour PC 192/283

I didn't say Randolph would be a good fit.....but Sheed would be. He'd 100% have to buy into the TEAM philosophy before the Cavs would even bring him in....and I think he'd fit in good. Like I said though, I wouldn't want him if it's gonna hurt our chances at a LEGIT big man in 2010.

i guess cleveland is not looking forward for the 2010 batch of free agents , they know they have a good team and needs someone to balance it RIGHT AWAY.

i think their main focus right now is to win a championship as soon as possible , after snagging one then that might be the only time theyll look onto the free agents for additional help in the future
    i trade by book , sell by SV and when reasoning fails Common sense should step in
    Hidden Content

I didn't say Randolph would be a good fit.....but Sheed would be. He'd 100% have to buy into the TEAM philosophy before the Cavs would even bring him in....and I think he'd fit in good. Like I said though, I wouldn't want him if it's gonna hurt our chances at a LEGIT big man in 2010.
    i know you didnt, but it seems its a possibility he'd go there as well (i disagree though)

I think Sheed would be good for one year, like in Detroit, but then he's useless..he's to much of a problem
    Hidden Content
    Dan LeFevour PC 192/283

Agreed. They want to go after a guy like Sheed or Randolph because they want to show LeBron that they're ALWAYS trying to make the team better, and convince him to stay. And that's the wrong move. LeBron is gonna stay regardless (and let's not turn this thread into another 'where will LeBron be in 2010' thread)....Ferry and Gilbert need to focus on the big prize...and that's resigning LeBron in 2010 with another superstar as well.

If they can get Sheed for one year, then I'm all for it. After all, he'd fit in perfect....half the Cavs guys like to guarantee stuff they can't back up. ;)

Agreed. They want to go after a guy like Sheed or Randolph because they want to show LeBron that they're ALWAYS trying to make the team better, and convince him to stay. And that's the wrong move. LeBron is gonna stay regardless (and let's not turn this thread into another 'where will LeBron be in 2010' thread)....Ferry and Gilbert need to focus on the big prize...and that's resigning LeBron in 2010 with another superstar as well.

If they can get Sheed for one year, then I'm all for it. After all, he'd fit in perfect....half the Cavs guys like to guarantee stuff they can't back up. ;)
    Atleast Sheed has called them correctly :)
    Hidden Content
    Dan LeFevour PC 192/283

Quote Originally Posted by gladdyontherise View Post
    The move and negotiations were inspired by Dwight Howard’s dominant performance over Cleveland’s big men in the Eastern Conference Finals. And Wallace will be brought in for that very purpose, to neutralize Dwight Howard next season and help the Cavs get over the hump.
    Isnt this what kinda killed them THIS year? They built their team specifically to beat the Celtics, which killed them when they couldnt match up with Orlando. The same type of scenario could play out here...Orlando has a lot of "what ifs" heading into this summer. What if Alston cant handle being a backup or if Turkoglu leaves or if they cant resign/replace Gortat or if they just generally falter a bit after a great season? It'd be kinda funny if they gear up to beat Orlando but wind up losing out to (hopefully) Chicago or Philly or someone else that steps up.

If i were the Cavs and choosing between the two. I would have Zach Randolph. He's a 20/10 guy and still young (29) or younger. He is better than Varejo

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast