Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is this auction shilled?

Is this auction shilled?

Was watching this card on ebay...as I have the same one, and was thinking of selling it...but it seems to keep jumping up in price.

I dont have an ebay accout, so i cant get to in depth with the bidding history

Heres the link:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWA:IT&ih=012

2. Find Basketball Cards on Kronozio!!
    looks like 1 guy bid 7 of the 11 times on it, but then he was out bid

Quote Originally Posted by boba View Post
    looks like 1 guy bid 7 of the 11 times on it, but then he was out bid
    Yah, I dont know -- looks like the guy who bid it up to 25 has a good amount of activity with the same seller. Both of the accounts have very little action on 'em.

Who knows..

Yea the same guy outbid himself seven times and still got outbid by a different person lol, I think it is shilled though. thanx

Thanks guys for the response. I wonder if I should list mine then...

I have the Kobe base refractor, Kobe orange refractor/299, and the Kobe gold/50

You don't outbid yourself, whoever suggested it.

He put a max bid of 25, and one or two people put in bids in small increments. Odds are that it's probably the guy who's now the high bidder. Eg.

I am the high bidder on a card that's sitting at 9 dollars, but my max bid is 25 dollars.

Bidder 2 bids 10 dollars.. it's rejected. He bids 13 Dollars, Rejected. 15 Dollars, rejected. 16 Dollars.. rejected..17 dollars, rejected.. etc etc

Each time he does that, it says that I bid again as my max bid is 25 dollars.

People do this because they don't want to bid 50 dollars on a card w/ too much time left. They'd much rather just sit and post the lowest possible maximum bid to be the high bidder, and then decide at the last minute whether or not to put a higher maximum bid.

got 'er?

yeah its just a bidding war that caused it

Quote Originally Posted by topherkris View Post
    You don't outbid yourself, whoever suggested it.

He put a max bid of 25, and one or two people put in bids in small increments. Odds are that it's probably the guy who's now the high bidder. Eg.

I am the high bidder on a card that's sitting at 9 dollars, but my max bid is 25 dollars.

Bidder 2 bids 10 dollars.. it's rejected. He bids 13 Dollars, Rejected. 15 Dollars, rejected. 16 Dollars.. rejected..17 dollars, rejected.. etc etc

Each time he does that, it says that I bid again as my max bid is 25 dollars.

People do this because they don't want to bid 50 dollars on a card w/ too much time left. They'd much rather just sit and post the lowest possible maximum bid to be the high bidder, and then decide at the last minute whether or not to put a higher maximum bid.

got 'er?

no, i think the same guy just kept on uping his max bid, i think it may be shilled

Quote Originally Posted by boba View Post
    no, i think the same guy just kept on uping his max bid, i think it may be shilled
    upping his max bid doesnt mean that he continues to bid

Man, i'd be broke if you had to pay your max bid.

I've upped my max bid to 100 dollars when an items closed at 20.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast