Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

So im thinking about taking a break from the hobby.

Man so i was just thinking today. I spend so much time, effort and $$$money$$$ on this hobby. It has gotten out of control. I feel like i need to take a break. Anybody else ever feel like that before? I spend so much money trying to obtain every carolina panther card i can. I got debt i need to pay and other things i need to concentrate on.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I understand your pain. Its hard when a hobby moves into the role of a necessity, and you spend your money primarily on what was supposed to be a passing interest. My suggestion would be take some time off and work on paying off/down your debts first and foremost--that way when you decide to come back, you will have more money to devote to the hobby. The hobby will still be here when you return.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See stat_1's Items on eBay

I understand. I've been on vacation from the hobby for awhile now. My last mailday was in mid-March.

BANNED

Blog Entries
    Country

I started getting hardcore into collecting baseball autographs. Before long I was always broke. I wanted to take a break also but didn't want to sit on the sidelines, so instead I put away a set amount from each paycheck for the hobby. It's only $25 a check, but it makes me focus on what I really want. It once took me three months to purchase a Charles Gehringer autographed ball, but it was worth the wait. It's impossible to have it all (even every Jaguar card), and the sooner you realize this and chill out, the more you will be able to really enjoy what you have. Just a suggestion.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See mgerard32's Items on eBay

It's impossible to have it all (even every Jaguar card), and the sooner you realize this and chill out, the more you will be able to really enjoy what you have. Just a suggestion.

GREAT ADVICE!! You can't have it all, so don't try, just figure out what is meaningful to you and above all - have fun! When this hobby (or any other) ceases to be fun, there's really no point.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See sportyryan2008's Items on eBay

I was off this site from December-May

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See pootshwan's Items on eBay

Like someone said earlier...if you want to take a break the hobby will still be here when you decide to come back.
    Some other good advice was put aside a set amount to spend each week and don't exceed that amount.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I don't have a lot of money to really put towards my hobbies, so I basically have to budget. i normally set aside $40-50 a paycheck (I only get paid once a month too) and try to get something I really want!!

Out of that $50 I have to include the cards I buy retail... that's when it gets hard. Right now it's not so bad, cause nothing new is out that I really want. But once the new product drops, I'll be busting packs like crazy again, and not buying my higher end stuff.

Trust me, if you try to block out collecting all together, you'll regret that too. You'll have a need/itch to buy stuff you really don't even want! Just slow down, and concentrate on what you really want.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I sort of took a subconcious hiatus from card collecting, when I was like 13. I am now 15, and have revived my love for sports cards an have begun the hobby again.

SCF Rewards
    Country

good advice guys. i dont wanna stop collecting just gotta get myself under control. like one month a spent like 400 on stuff. that was money i could put towards debt etc. im gonna start being more selective on what i collect and not try to collect every panther card in the world.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast