Kelowna Rockets Alumni Weekend - aka Richard's Sorta Good Fortune!

The future sister-in-law directed me to this:

Rockets Alumni Weekend
    July 2-5
    June 09, 2009 - Ryan Watters

The Kelowna Rockets, Daily Courier and the Scotiabank Group present the Rockets Alumni Weekend July 2-5.

The Rockets will host their 9th Annual Golf Tournament on Thursday July 2 at the beautiful Harvest Golf Course. The tournament is a shot gun start at 1:00 pm. Your registration includes 18 holes of golf with a player, power cart, a half way beer and sandwich, a steak and salmon dinner plus a chance at some wonderful prizes. Only 144 exclusive spots at a cost of $185.00 per golfer.

On Sunday July 5, the Rockets will host their 8th Annual Alumni hockey game at the Capital News Centre. Doors for the game open at 4:30 pm with the drop of the puck at 5:30 pm. Fans have a chance to bid on the player's jerseys and get them signed in a post game autograph session. Only 750 exclusive seats. Cost is $10 for adults, kids under 12 are $5.00. Tickets will be available as of June 15 at the Rockets office.

For more information on the Alumni Weekend contact Anne-Marie Hamilton at 250-979-0853 or email annyh@kelownarockets.com.

Here's the problem, such as it is. I don't golf - I'm barely a mini-golfer. I also likely won't have an extra $200 kicking around to attend the event, which would be awesome. And while the game is on, I'll be on a plane back to Halifax.
    I've already sent an email to Mrs. Hamilton about the weekend to see if there are any more events happening. I'm really really hoping I'll be able to find a way to meet some of the guys, especially Josh and Shea, or at least get somebody from back home that will be attending to grab an item or two for me.

Wish me luck!!!
    Carey Price fan and collector!
    Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 241 Unique Cards + 14 1/1's!!!

2018-19 Habs Collections: Carey Price, Shea Weber, Brendan Gallagher, and Jonathan Drouin

Hidden Content

Sounds like an awesome time! Hopefully something works out so you can attend, or at least find out about another event.

What luck! I'll be in Kelowna then. I'll have to check with my cousins to see if they can hook me up.... Well for the Alumni game at least. Like you. Barely mini-golf.

Quote Originally Posted by taarboy View Post
    Can you get a Benn for me? haha GL
    LOL I'm not sure if Jamie will be there - he's not technically an alumni yet!

I've been in touch with a couple of the local collectors - I may be in for one tremendous time!
    Carey Price fan and collector!
    Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 241 Unique Cards + 14 1/1's!!!

2018-19 Habs Collections: Carey Price, Shea Weber, Brendan Gallagher, and Jonathan Drouin

Hidden Content

Best of luck and let us know how this fares for ya!!

DOn
    Customized Shoes for any occasion!
    Hidden Content
    Actions are backed up by words, I wish more of us backed them up!!!
    If you have talent with video editing and would like to join the staff drop me a pm!