Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Thread: Awesome Story

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    TR (21)
    Country

Awesome Story

Hey guys, I have a awesome story to share with you guys. A few weeks ago, a buddy of mine (who recently got back into collecting sports cards) and myself decided to head up to a hobby shop. Upon our arrival, we discovered that the owner was gone on vacation for the week. So, after being hyped up about going to buy some cards, we were obviously disappointed. So we decided to stop by the local Wal-Mart and check out some of the retail stuff. I NEVER buy retail, but my buddy was determined to get a GU card. So he purchased a $9.99 retail box of 08-09 NBA SP Authentic, which "averages" one jersey card per box. After opening all of the packs, we discovered that his box did not have a jersey card. I told him that the box stated "on average", not "garunteed". Well, I told him to call Upper Deck anyway, just to see what they might say. Upper Deck told him the same thing I told him, but took his mailing information anyway. My buddy got a envelope in the mail yesterday from Upper Deck, and it had a Michael Jordan SP Authentic GU Jersey card, along with a bonus pack of 08-09 SP Authentic (Hobby)! I was like ™™™!!! A MJ Jersey card for a retail box! I thought it was a sweet story for my buddy. Now the journey begins of trying to get him to trade it to me

Thanks for reading,
    Josh

SCF Rewards
    Country

Wow that's really nice of UD. Nice story thanks 4 sharing

Blog Entries
    Country

good start. kinda the same for me when i got back into the hobby i pulled a mj jersey. but your friend was luckier

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    TR (21)
    Country

I remember back a few years ago when I pulled a Mark Brunell jersey card and it was damaged. So I sent it back to Fleer, and they replaced it with a Brett Favre patch! It was the lower part of the letter "V". It had stitching on both sides and everything. I was extremely happy.

However, there was a time when I pulled a redemption card for a Andre Johnson auto, and I ended up getting a Brandon Llyod RC auto! lol

SCF Rewards
    Country

verryyy nice man

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See sportsguy3's Items on eBay

Great story!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See carmelo42490's Items on eBay

Wow, what a lucky man! thanx for sharing! :)

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See gailsgallery*123's Items on eBay

Awesome story indeed. I would love to be that lucky. Hopefully he'll continue to collect and pull some more good stuff. I buy a lot of retail just b/c it's easier and you can sometimes get lucky, but I really love to buy hobby packs when I get the chance.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See nextspeed's Items on eBay

Great story and very kind gesture on UD's part.