Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

The day Babe Ruth hit #60-- FINISHED!!

In 2001 when Upper Deck released SP Legendary Cuts I thought it would be something to try and put together a series of cut autos from the 1927 Yankees that played that game, September 30, 1927.

Today I finished the project as FED EX delivered the last player from an ebay purchase! Since I am limited to 10 pictures in the post I will post the box score in the next bucket but may I present the 1927 Yankees who played that great day in baseball history:

Leading off: Centerfielder Earle Combs:

Batting second, shortstop Mark Koenig

Batting third and playing right field. THE BABE!!!

Batting clean up the Iron Horse, himself. Lou Gehrig

Batting fifth and playing left field: Bob Meusel

Playing second base and hitting sixth: Tony Lazzeri

At third base: Jumpin' Joe Dugan

Catching, with a little help from Donruss for this 1/1 cut auto:
    Benny Bengough

Pitching that game: George Pipgras

And finally today, the winning pitcher, Hall of Famer Herb Pennock from 2009 SP Legendary Cuts:

Done, Finished!!!

What a great team.

Good luck with your breaks.
    Ron
    Last edited by ronfir; 06-16-2009 at 11:24 PM.

2. Kronozio

Box Score of Ruth's 60 homer game:

Box score:

Ron

Wow. Awsome Collection. Congradulations on finishing it.
    Bucket:
    Hidden Content

Collecting: Allen Craig, Lance Jeffries, Jon Jay,and other Cardinal.

That is very cool! congrats on finishing!!
    Click banner for tradelist
    Hidden Content
    Dan LeFevour PC 192/283

Awesome awesome project, congrats on finishing it! I love the Ruth sig of course, but I really like that 2004 SP Legendary Cuts set. By far the best looking cut signature set IMO. What's the story on the "help from Donruss" cut auto of Benny Bengough?

Quote Originally Posted by piggy1918 View Post
    Awesome awesome project, congrats on finishing it! I love the Ruth sig of course, but I really like that 2004 SP Legendary Cuts set. By far the best looking cut signature set IMO. What's the story on the "help from Donruss" cut auto of Benny Bengough?
    The story on the Bengough, I had hoped to get an Upper Deck auto just to keep it with one manufacture but I have never seen a cut from UD of Bengough.

One day I am checking ebay for auto and find the 1/1 Bengough which is the very first auto I have ever seen of the guy. Knowing my project, I couldn't hit buy it now fast enough. Being a 1/1 makes it even better in my opinion.

Paid $80. for the card which I think of as a steal.

If UD ever puts out or if they have put out and auto, if someone would let me know.

Thanks again for reading my post.

Ron

AWESOME Collection! That is something that I never thought of and if I did I might of thought it to be impossible....congrats on finishing the set

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast