Flag this message Jr. NBA Tour Begins

Byline: NBA/Jr.and WNBA
    2009-06-17

Beginning on June 17th, the NBA and WNBA are putting on the fourth annual Jr. NBA/Jr. WNBA Pledge to be a S.T.A.R. Summer Camps tour. The eight-city tour plans to see more than 250 boys and girls, ages nine to 13, for their daylong stops.

Current and former NBA and WNBA players will be present to teach the kids how to do the basics of the game. But, the lessons will not be limited to just basketball.

“These camps do more than just give kids the chance to learn basketball fundamentals from NBA and WNBA stars and Legends,” said NBA Hall of Famer Bob Lanier. They also show campers how on-the-court skills translate to life off the court while providing them with tools to help them maintain healthy lifestyles.” Lanier and NBA legend Lafayette "Fat" Lever are both expected to attend.

The children will learn the four essentials to being a S.T.A.R. - Sportsmanship, Teamwork, the right Attitude, and Respect.

http://www.sportsology.info/article.php?ArticleID=7386
    Customized Shoes for any occasion!
    Hidden Content
    Actions are backed up by words, I wish more of us backed them up!!!
    If you have talent with video editing and would like to join the staff drop me a pm!

Maybe some of the kids will keep the values that they learn from this with them if they enter the NBA....one can hope!

Yeah these kids are learning from the best of the best.
    Hidden Content

*Bring me your Rudy Fernandez and George Hill.

I hope they are still doing this 9 years from now so little Kobe can participate.

I hope so I know I went to Bob Lanier basketball camp over 30 years ago LOL. I don't remember much except he has some big ole feet. Think something like size 23 (crazy).

DON
    Customized Shoes for any occasion!
    Hidden Content
    Actions are backed up by words, I wish more of us backed them up!!!
    If you have talent with video editing and would like to join the staff drop me a pm!