Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    NUTS (17)
    Country

i also like it this way, for the most part everyone knows everybody else who collects racing on here. that gives you a sense of comfort that you cant really get anywhere else when making a trade online. i've also noticed that alot of racing fans dont even know about racing cards, diecast seem to be the collectible that most nascar fans go for.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See gretzky_collector's Items on eBay

I don't know much about NASCAR, I'm not into it but my dad LOVES IT! (someone mentioned "back woods redneck....yeah, that's my dad, lol)

Anyway I think it could be down to history. I know hockey cards and baseball cards have been around for a hundred years or more. I don't know how long NASCAR has been around, in fact I don't even know how long NASCAR trading cards have been around.

One last thing, it could come down to resale value. I collect hockey and I know if times got hard to the point I had to sell them to live, I could. Do NASCAR cards have big resale value? Do they sell alot on ebay?

...this is just a hockey man's point of view.

Country

well guys. just by reading this thread, i have decided to get back into collecting greg biffle. i have been a nascar fan for about four years and my favorite driver is greg biffle. i collected him for a short while and then i stopped to pursue baseball. but you guys make such a great point. the amount of cards in each baseball set is a ridiculously large # and that makes putting a set together ridiculous. so i will conclude by extending my gratitude to everyone who has posted in this thread and i hope to see you on the boards. thanks

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See jsab4807's Items on eBay

not to be dimunitive, but nascar is the second most attended sport on average in america. and second most watched, behind football both ways. what we have is one company and much smaller sets and or driver cards to gather.

on average each release has around 25 johnson cards where a baseball set may have 50 or more jeter cards. what i like about racing is 100% of race used are serial numbered, so you kow how many are made. in other sports this is not true. and a race used set may contain 20 drivers a game used set in baseball could have a couple hundred. it is just more likely a supply issue, more than popularity.

dave

Perfectly said, Dave. With BB/FB/BKB stuff, there's no clue of how many of each GU are made, not to mention each set will have roughly 10 different GU sets, all with at least 40 different players in each set.

That's why all of those sports GU stuff books so low. I like the racing way better.

SCF Rewards
    Country

One last thing, it could come down to resale value. I collect hockey and I know if times got hard to the point I had to sell them to live, I could. Do NASCAR cards have big resale value? Do they sell alot on ebay?

NASCAR cards have more resale value than any stick and ball sport. Mainly because stuff is so short printed. If you pull a scrub RU, it'll still get around $10 on eBay. You pull a scrub BB/FB/BKB/Hockey guy, you're lucky to get a buck for it.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I don't know much about NASCAR, I'm not into it but my dad LOVES IT! (someone mentioned "back woods redneck....yeah, that's my dad, lol)

That was me.......lol

Anyway I think it could be down to history. I know hockey cards and baseball cards have been around for a hundred years or more. I don't know how long NASCAR has been around, in fact I don't even know how long NASCAR trading cards have been around.

First true NASCAR set of trading cards came out in 1988 with MAXX. Althrough there had been oddball advertising sets out before that and other series in racing had a few sets out before that time. First racing card set actually came out in 1911 with the release of the:

1911 American Tobacco Auto Drivers
    and the
    1911 Turkey Red Automobile Series

Thing about NASCAR cards is that they do hold there value better then any other cards out there. 70% of collectors in racing get their cards through Ebay, most really don't realize the joys of trading. We are slowly remedying that fact, but it takes time.

...this is just a hockey man's point of view.

I stated this early in the thread and has been repeated by others. We are a small close community that is growing slowly. There are two main sites that most race collectors trade on and 80% of us belong to both. We enjoy the trust that comes with that fact. You look at the dispute forum and really tell us when the last time there was a dispute listed in there that had racing involved. Can't say that about the other stick and ball forums. We like that.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Cleveland Browns Boston Red Sox Boston Celtics
    See jonsdoe1432's Items on eBay

LOL Good quistion But My answer is Just Like i tell my Family over on my fishing forum Better to have a small Base of Great racing Members than alot of Members that Dont even Bother to trade Just Post.

SCF Rewards
    Country

NASCAR cards have more resale value than any stick and ball sport. Mainly because stuff is so short printed. If you pull a scrub RU, it'll still get around $10 on eBay. You pull a scrub BB/FB/BKB/Hockey guy, you're lucky to get a buck for it.

Really? Gee, I have 2 authentic autographs and can't unload either one, even for common cards of the drivers I collect. I have so many "common" cards of various Nascar drivers it's not funny. I can say that by the end of the weekend about 95% of my Nascar collection is going to get tossed simply due to a lack of space and even bigger lack of demand for these cards. Guys like the Bodines, Biffle, Kyle Petty, Terry labonte and so many others just aren't collectible compared to Jeff Gordon, Jimmie, Dale Jr., and so on. I'm even tossing a sizeable number of big name commons just to make room for the drivers I am collecting.
    I've posted many different drivers on here for trade and haven't gotten any bites whatsoever. It's just become a waste of time to sort through and list all these cards when there isn't anymore interest that there is. Just like in any other sport, unless it's a big name, you aren't going to be dumping your cards anytime soon unless it's to someone who is trying to complete a set.
    Just my 2 cents worth, but I'll stick to just getting the cards of the drivers I collect and not even worry about even buying blister packs anymore. it's just not worht the surplus cards getting stacked up everywhere.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Really? Gee, I have 2 authentic autographs and can't unload either one, even for common cards of the drivers I collect. I have so many "common" cards of various Nascar drivers it's not funny. I can say that by the end of the weekend about 95% of my Nascar collection is going to get tossed simply due to a lack of space and even bigger lack of demand for these cards. Guys like the Bodines, Biffle, Kyle Petty, Terry labonte and so many others just aren't collectible compared to Jeff Gordon, Jimmie, Dale Jr., and so on. I'm even tossing a sizeable number of big name commons just to make room for the drivers I am collecting.
    I've posted many different drivers on here for trade and haven't gotten any bites whatsoever. It's just become a waste of time to sort through and list all these cards when there isn't anymore interest that there is. Just like in any other sport, unless it's a big name, you aren't going to be dumping your cards anytime soon unless it's to someone who is trying to complete a set.
    Just my 2 cents worth, but I'll stick to just getting the cards of the drivers I collect and not even worry about even buying blister packs anymore. it's just not worht the surplus cards getting stacked up everywhere.

I was referring to the resale value of RU stuff. And yes, Racing cards have a higher resale value as far as RU/Autos go than any of the stick and ball sports. It's a proven fact. Look up completed listings on eBay and they will reflect that.

I could go on eBay right now and buy 20 different STAR Baseball, Football, Basketball players GU all for around $1-$2 each. You can't do that with racing. Heck, I can't even get a Casey Mears RU card for less than $8-$12 anymore.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Leroyslegenaryauctions's Items on eBay

send those unwanted commons to me LOL

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast