Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See raw5060's Items on eBay

Custom Fake Patch Cards, Are They Ok To Make And Sell?

My brother and I were cruising on the bay and saw a couple of sick patch cards. Only thing is they are all fake. The seller listed that they are fake and that he custom made them. Even though the seller is being honest and telling everyone that they are fake, do you still think it is a good idea? I am sure people will by the cards and try and pass them off as game used prime patches. Lmk what you guys think about this. I am torn. Part of my thinks that the cards are pretty cool and the other part just knows someone is eventually get screwed over by someone who purchasing one of these. Here are some examples:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...%3D4%26ps%3D10

http://cgi.ebay.com/DARRIUS-HEYWARD-...3A1%7C294%3A50

http://cgi.ebay.com/KENNY-BRITT-Cust...3A1%7C294%3A50

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Star_Cards's Items on eBay

That's a good question and I'm not quite sure how I feel about it. I seem to feel better about it as long as it's not an original card that had a jersey in it. If someone takes a base card and cuts it and places a patch or jersey and tells the buyer that is what it is, I don't really have an issue. However, it could become an issue if that buyer then turns around and passes it off as a real card to some unsuspecting buyer. for me that is where it becomes an issue as that original creator can't be sure that it will be sold as a novelty item once it leaves his hands.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See g1ebe's Items on eBay

I don't have a problem if they say its custom and it's on a base like star said..I just think it's ugly.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Just make sure you don't sell or trade them on SCF... Other than that I don't care about what people do with them.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Do you have a problem with people selling fake 1986 Jordan Rookies for $10 - $25? You know those are likely being bought in the hopes of passing them off as real to an unsuspecting individual. If you have a problem with that scenario, you should probably have a problem with the instant scenario--its an ethical decision that I wouldn't attempt to answer for you.

Personally, I am against it, but to each his/her own.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See cuhatin's Items on eBay

Im against it!

SCF Rewards
    Country

I am not against them as long as they are made from scratch.

I am against them when they are made using a card from a manufacturer.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See onepimptiger's Items on eBay

That's a good question and I'm not quite sure how I feel about it. I seem to feel better about it as long as it's not an original card that had a jersey in it. If someone takes a base card and cuts it and places a patch or jersey and tells the buyer that is what it is, I don't really have an issue. However, it could become an issue if that buyer then turns around and passes it off as a real card to some unsuspecting buyer. for me that is where it becomes an issue as that original creator can't be sure that it will be sold as a novelty item once it leaves his hands.

Ditto this

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See raw5060's Items on eBay

Thanks for the posts! I think I would have a bigger problem with this if the seller took out a white gu piece and put in the patch but since it is made from a base card, anyone who collects can easily tell that this is a fake and if you can't, then maybe you shouldn't be putting any money into this hobby...haha

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See xSquatx's Items on eBay

I'll buy a JR Smith one for $2. :P

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast