Thread: What a Rip Off

What a Rip Off

So I went The Mall Of America and just to look around
    and if any of you have been there u would know that there is a shop called Field Of Dreams there its full of memorabilia and cards
    so as u Know ist father's day so I bought him a couple cards

here they are with what i paid for them:

1996-97 skybox z-force kobe rc (graded-10) paid-$31
    2007 dunruss playoff national treasures LT timeline #/25(jersey,jersey,patch-2clr)paid-$31
    2007-08 stadium club full court press d-wade triple jsy #/99 paid-$14.50

just today i looked in my becket pricing book to see what these babies were worth thinking i got an ok deal

and then ...

the kobe was worth $9
    and the rest weren't even listed

What the Heck!!!!!!!!!

but i dont have the current price guide so im not positive on the prices so can someone help

but what do u do
    o well

sorry about the long story though
    Last edited by tmac; 06-29-2009 at 10:41 AM.

2. Check out the Auctions from Packrip.com
    Field of Dreams stores have some great memorabilia in my opinion. They're in many malls across the us. Not sure if they're franchised or not. Of course with the overhead of a mall store, their prices will be considerably higher. I do like looking in them, though. When buying singles, I still can't find any retailer that can rival ebay. If you're smart, use the watch list, and be patient, you'll get some amazing deals.

BTW, if your dad liked the gift, I wouldn't let the price you paid eat you up too much.

Quote Originally Posted by tarheelsnipe View Post
    Field of Dreams stores have some great memorabilia in my opinion. They're in many malls across the us. Not sure if they're franchised or not. Of course with the overhead of a mall store, their prices will be considerably higher. I do like looking in them, though. When buying singles, I still can't find any retailer that can rival ebay. If you're smart, use the watch list, and be patient, you'll get some amazing deals.

BTW, if your dad liked the gift, I wouldn't let the price you paid eat you up too much.
    he did so thats good

i think the price u paid for the D-wade triple jersey is ok, it worths around $10 from card shops. (although it would be cheaper in ebay).

Think you overpaid for the Wade.

The Kobe is nice because it is graded 10.... might be a lil bit overpaid.

Smile

Thank you for sharing your story.

At least you received the same card as pictured.

I received base card.
    (But picture was Parallel card !!)

Pictured

Received.
    (Bottom-Left / I already had that.)

Fortunatley, I burned only 1.50$. =(

lol do you really want to know the current value's of the cards you got???

Who is the Kobe Graded By....a 10 from a low end company means almost nothing BGS or PSA are the main one's,

the wade well you overpaid by at least $7 bux it only books $10

The Kobe could book up to $400 if its a BGS 10 anything lower is $40....

the Donruss i have no clue on a value...Sry
    Collecting All Current Oakland raiders Primarily Carr, Mack, Cooper, Crabtree, Also any Legend or HOF raider players as well.
    Just getting back into the Hobby so not much tradebait right now
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content (please check comments on scans to see if any have been traded)
    Please NOTE: Photobucket is not updated, Only PC cards are accurate anything else has been traded or sold thanks

1996-97 Z-Force #142 Kobe Bryant RC $10.00 GRADED 10 (PSA x20-40, BGS x5-10, OTHERS x2-4)

2007 Playoff National Treasures Timeline Material MVP Prime #LT LaDainian Tomlinson /25 $60.00

2007-08 Stadium Club Full Court Press Relics Triple #DW Dwyane Wade /99 $10.00

Hope that helps!
    Last edited by Brads55; 06-22-2009 at 08:36 PM.

depends on what company graded the kobe a 10? if its bgs, prolly good deal, if not, might be high even for psa. but hey, your gonna find those prices in places like that. sometimes even the flea market guys will get you. but if you didnt have a chance to look and wait on ebay, then guys thats your next best bet. if he liked them, no harm done - just beware next time.
    collecting Tim Duncan
    Hidden Content
    l/f stadium club traction card of tim duncan