Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Need your input! Please help me!

Hi!
    I'm writing an article for the writing team and need other users input on the topic:
    Why do people ruin our hobby?

I wrote alot about fake cards, and want some ideas about other topics, or some more about what you guys think about people making fake cards.

If you post something in this thread, please LMK if it is OK if I put your name in the article!

Thanks Alot!
    Ryan

2. Kronozio
    "Why do people ruin our hobby?"

"For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows." (1 Timothy 6:10) KJV (The King James Bible)

or maybe you like this one better....

"It's all about the Benjamins baby" (Puff Daddy)

People that fake patch cards and self-stamp serial numbers...then put them on eBay for thousands of dollars.

just sad

Quote Originally Posted by Marleyrx7 View Post
    "Why do people ruin our hobby?"

"For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows." (1 Timothy 6:10) KJV (The King James Bible)

or maybe you like this one better....

"It's all about the Benjamins baby" (Puff Daddy)
    ^^^ can't say it any better than this

Greed! I can not understand why someone would think it is OK to steal from card collectors, but not steal in other ways. It used to be said that if you did not cheat at baseball that you were not trying hard enough to win. Now we want our baseball players not to cheat, but are card collectors and dealers are trying to do so instead? I would hope that some of these theives get charged for fraud or copywrite violations.
    Hidden Content ~ best SCF feature ever!
    Go Mets, Colts, Reds and The Ohio State University
    Hidden Content

I hate when other collectors know you collect a certain player and ask for more in trade for that card.

My two cents: What makes people make fakes? Greed. I would think eventually the bubble that their fakes depend upon should collapse if too many surface. It seems to me such 'hobbyists' must have a pretty poor opinion on the good sense of collectors, and are only 'ruining' their greed based conceptions of the hobby.

Quote Originally Posted by spuds1961 View Post
    I hate when other collectors know you collect a certain player and ask for more in trade for that card.
    i agree or they think that you will pay 2-3 times what it sells for

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast