Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See bobobag's Items on eBay

Final Day of The Nationals - Flacco is Back!

The final day of The Nationals Sports Collections Convention was today. While I had a great time I'll be happy to be back home tomorrow.

The title of this thread could easily be, "The Return of the Flacco." If you followed yesterday's Day 4 thread you know that I pulled Joe Flacco auto/dual jersey from a box of 2008 Leaf Limited only to have it stolen from the SCF table 15 minutes later. Today, I busted another 2008 Leaf Limited box and pulled the same card (with a different serial number of course). So, not all was lost on that front!

Hockey fans will appreciate a sweet pull of mine. I got a 2008-09 UD Black Hockey Dual Player Auto/Quad Patch card. The two players? Non one big. Just Wayne Gretzky and Mario Lemiux. What is it serial numbered to? Three!

Now for the rough part of my job ...

Yesterday, we were lucky enough to spend about one hour with Benchwarmer Model/Maxim Model/Deal or No Deal Girl Lisa Gleave. She was good enough to give SCF members a shoutout, sign some SCF T Shirts and open a box of 2009 Limited at the SCF booth. Yes, she is on the cover of that product! Check out the videos in our Benchwarmer forum.

Today was another outstanding raffle. We had several hundred sign-ups for the 2009 UD Triple Autograph (Tim Lincecum, Devin Setoguchi and Frank Gore) numbered 3/5. The winner was Debbie Herrmann. I couldn't help feel that the card would eventually go to her son and he was pulling it away from her when I was taking the picture. :)

While walking around I saw a young man cutting some cards up at the Razor booth.

I asked him for an explanation. He stated that Razor was destroying these cards because they did not sell and Razor had a self imposed time limit to destroy the unsold cards. I also asked him how he got the job and he replied, "I'm the lowest guy on the totem pole here this week." He was cutting three at a time with a paper shredded with thousands waiting to be cut. I recommended to him to get an industrial size shredder! Here is an idea of how many cards he had already cut when I walked up.

We have TONS of items from The National that I will use to stock the CC Store. If you have sent me a PM please be patient as I have barely been on SCF the past 4 days!

OPG Staff

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See gladdyontherise's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale

Great stuff Mike, maybe a side not should be i won the Triple Auto first..lol, but i do appriciate everything you did for me this week/weekend, SCF members should know republicans can be nice people. look forward to seeing you in Baltimore next year!
    Click banner for tradelist
    Hidden Content
    Dan LeFevour PC 192/283

SCF Rewards
    Country

I met that mother and son during the VIP opening party. He was a lot of fun to talk with and I am glad to see they won it.

OPG Staff

SCF Rewards
    Country

more glad to see them win than me? lol

were you there today? i didnt see you before i left

SCF Rewards
    Country

I just meant that if you couldn't win, I am glad he won, lol.

I did not go to the show today. I needed to get back to do some stuff so I headed home at 5 AM (at which time Karine was in the lobby on her laptop...must still be on a UK sleep schedule).

OPG Staff

SCF Rewards
    Country

haha, messing with you, it was my lucky #8 that won, I still am in shock, but hey, cards are luxury items, worser things happened this weekend for which i am grateful everything is alright, yes Karine is a freak of nature because she doesnt sleep (Tony must be influencing here to much)

OPG Staff

SCF Rewards
    Country

Tony & James are pranking me, i figured it out! unless Mike says so otherwise

Volunteer

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army
    San Diego Padres Green Bay Packers Chicago Blackhawks
    See Comatoad's Items on eBay LinkedIn COMC Cards For Sale

By any chance, did Snyper ever show up?

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See bobobag's Items on eBay

Tony & James are pranking me, i figured it out! unless Mike says so otherwise

You were pranked!

OPG Staff

SCF Rewards
    Country

I knew it! See if Tony gets my money next year...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast