Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Thread: glossy or matte paper

SCF Rewards
    Country

glossy or matte paper

I am getting the Stairs pic from Slitz printed out (thxs) and taking it to the game tomorrow in Tampa. Should I get it printed out in glossy or matte paper? Which is the better for him to sign? Can I have him sign in silver sharpy or what color looks best? Thanks again.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See RockiesFanCards's Items on eBay

If you're talking about a photo that you're printing yourself, go with glossy. It will hold the ink better. Also, glossy photo paper tends to be thicker, too.

Pen color is usually a matter of preference, but the photo often dictates what kind of pen works best. If you have a photo that's on the darker side, use the silver sharpie. That pen shows up best on black or dark areas best. Otherwise, go blue on the light areas. Black also works well, but on really light areas of a photo.

My preference is always blue, since that usually "pops" the best.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Thanks Rock. It is for a photo. My first signed photo if all goes well. I usually only collect signed baseballs.

Transferred Feedback
    Freaks (3)
    Country
    See tiki_tomoka's Items on eBay

silver sharpies and deco paint pens both rub off of canon glossy paper, just a heads up

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

It is all a preference thing. I like the way pictures look on matte paper better. I also had an issue where I had left photos in the car to grab after a game for autographs and the glossy photos all stuck together. Ever since that day I have went to matte paper.
    Hidden Content ~ best SCF feature ever!
    Go Mets, Colts, Reds and The Ohio State University
    Hidden Content