Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See bobobag's Items on eBay

$2 million a month for homeless to live in motels

I wish I could live in $85 a night hotels on the tax payer's dime!
    Housing Massachusetts’ homeless is costing tax payers around $2 million per month. It costs an average of $85 per night to have families, including nearly 1000 children, stay in motels.
    At one time this quote actually meant something:
    I am for doing good to the poor, but...I think the best way of doing good to the poor, is not making them easy in poverty, but leading or driving them out of it. I observed...that the more public provisions were made for the poor, the less they provided for themselves, and of course became poorer. And, on the contrary, the less was done for them, the more they did for themselves, and became richer.
    -- Ben Franklin

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See onepimptiger's Items on eBay

I like that quote...ol' Ben Franklin was a pretty smart cat, I think he might've even invented a thing or two.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See duwal's Items on eBay

I wish I could live in $85 a night hotels on the tax payer's dime!
    Housing Massachusetts’ homeless is costing tax payers around $2 million per month. It costs an average of $85 per night to have families, including nearly 1000 children, stay in motels.
    At one time this quote actually meant something:
    I am for doing good to the poor, but...I think the best way of doing good to the poor, is not making them easy in poverty, but leading or driving them out of it. I observed...that the more public provisions were made for the poor, the less they provided for themselves, and of course became poorer. And, on the contrary, the less was done for them, the more they did for themselves, and became richer.
    -- Ben Franklin

just sell your house and hitch your way over there, problem solved

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See doctom2005's Items on eBay

I have a question. What do you want to do with the homeless? I prefer answers to problems, not complaints.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See duwal's Items on eBay

I have a question. What do you want to do with the homeless? I prefer answers to problems, not complaints.

he wants them to earn their housing, kinda like the ones in the bums boxing videos

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See doctom2005's Items on eBay

he wants them to earn their housing, kinda like the ones in the bums boxing videos

LOL. I have no problem with trying to place people in jobs even if it is bum fights. I do have a problem with children in the streets. I do not know how it is moral to allow kids to be homeless.