Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: DeJuan Blair

DeJuan Blair

Sorry I went to bed, where did he end up?

2. Check out the deals at Bear Ridge Collectibles eBay Store

yeah, at pick #37...realgm.com is going to ask around different teams and see why everybody passed on him. i know that he has no ACL's in either knee, has had like 2 knee surgeries back in HS, has arthritis in both knees, and is just 6'6" playing center, but he does have like a 7'3" wingspan.
    Go Grizzlies and Go Pacers!

I still dont understand why the Bulls passed him up? I mean James Johnson, Taj Gibson... really?

yeah i heard that the bulls were VERY interested in him and were trying to move up in the Draft to get him even. I'd like to know why so many teams passed on him exactly. It seems as if there is some other condition/problem that he has that hasn't been told...or maybe not, it could just be his knees/size.

I believe it was because the team doctors all red-flagged him bc of his knees. So most teams didn't take the chance to draft him in the 1st. Thus falling that far in the draft. He's a beast on the boards. Big in person as well, just broad.

If he does even half of what he did in college, he'll be a huge steal IMO.

yeah being as he dropped to #37...it's funny...

say he does half of what he did in college...if he would have went at #10-17 like predicted, he would have probably been labeled as overrated, but now at #37, that same amount of production would be credited to the Spurs as a steal. Funny how draft positioning can determine everybody's opinion of a player's career lol :)

He has a solid chance of actually starting too if they decide to move Timmy to C full time. Oberto and Kurt Thomas are both gone so that opens up the 4 spot. Spurs might have two 2nd round steals...can't forget about Jack McClinton...guy can score buckets. Spurs should get an A in the draft just based on those 2 excellent value picks.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast