Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: spontaneous pneumothorax

spontaneous pneumothorax

Wondering if anyone else here has had one?

happens 1 every 9,000 people

I am going on being 3 weeks out of the hospital.. still not feeling great
    My wantlist:

Mickey Mantle - serial numbered (no topps milestones)

Jimmie Johnson - anything I don't have

2. Check out the deals at Allgood Collectibles eBay Store

I woke up about a month ago with a Pneumothorax (hole in my left lung).. happened for no reason.. young, tall, skinny males are main targets.. I am 29, 6'2" 185 lbs.. has been about 2 1/2 weeks since the hole has healed.. but still having a hard time breathing and my anxiety is through the roof as I am used to playing softball 3+ nights a week and cant do anything but sit around and wonder if the pain will come back

here is some more info... thank you for asking

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pneumothorax
    My wantlist:

Man I'm sorry to hear about that. You'll remain in my prayers. Please keep us updated!

I hope you recover and can play ball again.

Quote Originally Posted by garyg21 View Post
    I woke up about a month ago with a Pneumothorax (hole in my left lung).. happened for no reason.. young, tall, skinny males are main targets.. I am 29, 6'2" 185 lbs.. has been about 2 1/2 weeks since the hole has healed.. but still having a hard time breathing and my anxiety is through the roof as I am used to playing softball 3+ nights a week and cant do anything but sit around and wonder if the pain will come back

here is some more info... thank you for asking

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pneumothorax
    delete

My girlfriend is a respiratory nurse and has always told me that tall, skinny, guys are more likely to develop lung problems. I guess this one of the ones she is talking about. Yikes. Good luck. If you have any questions I can relay them to her, I'm sure she'd give you an answer if she knows it.

Pfft, just drink some Seven Up with some lemon and you'll be fine. Cures everything.

Thank you all for the well wishes.. each day is like a roller coaster for me.. good day.. bad day.. I guess being physically fit isnt always a good thing... sheesh

drtom.. replied to PM.. thanks
    My wantlist:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast