Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Darn you eBay!!!!!!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Pittsburgh Steelers Philadelphia Flyers Pittsburgh Penguins
    Twitter: @theAndrewKubat See Venom-86's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Darn you eBay!!!!!!

I was bidding on an auction and waited until the last 1/2 hour to increase my bids. With 27 minutes left in the auction I attempted to place a bid and got a message that said "You bid is denied. The auction may have ended early"

A quick check showed that the auction had not ended early and was still live. I made several more attempts to input bids and was rejected every time. (I was high bidder when the auction opened)

Eventually the auction ended with the card selling for 80% less than the "Buy It Now" prices on similar cards. Had my bids been allowed I'm sure I would have won the auction as I was prepared to go almost double what the final sale price was. I am frustrated because now I have to shell out an extra $35 for one of the BIN cards!

Has anyone else had this problem?

Since the auction did not end early am I right in thinking the seller blocked my bids?
    Hidden Content
    Collecting: Hidden Content (95% complete) / Hidden Content (88.4% complete) / Eric Lindros (35% complete) / Ilya Kovalchuk (45% complete)...and to a lesser extent...Hidden Content (65% complete) / Hidden Content (48% complete) / Brian Propp (70% complete)

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See chains_fan's Items on eBay

That has happened to me before. I chalked it up to the site malfunctioning. After reading this post though I'm starting to think otherwise.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See tristanwolf's Items on eBay

this soudns wierd. has never happened to me in hundreds of auctions. i would google it and maybe file a comlpaint?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See tristanwolf's Items on eBay

this sounds wierd. has never happened to me in hundreds of auctions. i would google it and maybe file a comlpaint?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Pittsburgh Steelers Philadelphia Flyers Pittsburgh Penguins
    Twitter: @theAndrewKubat See Venom-86's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

This was a first for me, too. I will get another copy of the card, but I'll probably wind up paying more and the patch won't be as nice.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See agold2121's Items on eBay

Just curious, what was the card?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See alternateego's Items on eBay

this sounds wierd. has never happened to me in hundreds of auctions. i would google it and maybe file a comlpaint?

seriously ?...please, tell me what that would accomplish ? sellers can block members from bidding if they want to. I've got at least 40 Ebay members on my blocked bidders list. Some for good reason, and some just on principle. Heck, even one or two from SCF are on it because they complain too much about petty stuff.

Assistant General Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

A seller can block anyone they choose if they wish as ebay gives them that right. Of course some ebay sellers just block for reasons that are not truly ethical. Just like some buyers can be less than ethical. Two sides to every story but just enjoy the other cards on ebay.

p.s. Who knows perhaps you will get a better card yet and a better price. Stranger things have happened.

Don

Blog Entries
    Country

This happen to me last night also... I was wondering why I couldn't bid with 15 mins. left.... oh well.

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

I've never heard of this before. I've got a few hundred feedbacks on eBay, and never had a problem.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast