Thread: eBay/PayPal Payment Options?

eBay/PayPal Payment Options?

I want to pay for an eBay item using a card, but PayPal won't let me choose it as a funding/payment option. I do have a PayPal balance.

I know when paying, it takes funds from your balance first. But I seem to remember I was able to choose to pay with a card instead of the balance in past transactions. I tried looking it up on their site, but I couldn't find a definitive answer as to being able to choose a card over the funds in my account for an eBay item.

Maybe I have to pay through the PayPal site instead of eBay Checkout to be able to do this? I think I read about being able to change the payment source in PayPal but not in eBay Checkout. Any information or experience anyone may have is appreciated. I just don't want to go one click too far (or having the loading mess up/having to refresh, etc) and end up paying twice or something. Thanks!

When you're about to check out there should be an option that lets you choose payment type. You should be able to change it there. Hope that helps.

Tried that. I think in eBay Checkout, it doesn't let you choose another option if you have sufficient funds in your PayPal balance. I tried "More Funding Options" during checkout but the only option that shows up is the PayPal balance (and I do have a confirmed card in my account). Unless I am missing something right under my nose.

I think it might work if I use the "Pay for eBay Items" option in my PayPal account, but I am wondering if anyone else has used it and been able to change the payment option this way. Thanks for the response.

I do believe if you attempt to "Pay for eBay Items", it will indirectly force you to go through eBay checkout. You could always attempt, though. I'd say try to pay for the item by choosing another choice (i.e., goods) and see what happens there. Notify the seller, if you're going to do this, void of eBay checkout.