Thread: Hey golfers

Hey golfers

Just wanting a little golf chat. Talk about anything you want.

I'm heading to New Mexico the end of July for a tournament at the University of New Mexico course. Played it last year and it was fun. We also got to play a course in Cloudcroft NM (cant remember the name), and Paa Ko Ridge in NM (which was amazing). Has anyone gotten to play those? If so, what did you think?

The beginning of August I'm meeting an Arizona buddy in Palm Springs for a 4 day golf trip with 10 of his friends to play PGA West. Anyone play that? And what should I be prepared for? I heard the Stadium Course at PGA West is pretty hard haha.

I went to Hawaii last week and played Ko'olau, supposedly the hardest course in America (I read on golfdigest.com its #3 now). Really nice course, really hard too (and I didnt even play the back tees). Also got to play Luana Hills which I really enjoyed.

I want to hear about some of the nice courses you've played and such.

Sounds like a blast...I don't play well in the heat, so I'd probably be even more worthless than usual in NM!

I used to work at a private course that was absolutely pristine. It's in Highlands, NC where there are about 5-6 courses on the same level and a couple even nicer. The membership fees were $6,000/yr plus you had to be a land owner in the club, which would be a minimum of around $100,000 for a tiny, vacant lot. We had executives from Disney, Coca-Cola, the owner of the largest construction firm in Atlanta, and people like that as members. One of the founding members had a $2 million guest house! And this course wasn't even the best in the area. It has been ranked in the national top 50 before, but there is one nearby (High Hampton) that is consistently in the top 50. I didn't get to play it, but we got to play a few other of the local courses that were extremely nice. All mountain courses, so lots of hills and beautiful views. Made $8/hr plus tips (usually $50-100/day extra), one of the easiest jobs I've ever had, worked with one of my best friends, the surroundings were just absolutely gorgeous...man I miss being up there! Now, when I actually get to play, it's on a crappy, crappy 9-hole public course . Of course, that fits my game a bit more...I always felt like I was disgracing that course.

Sounds like that PGA west should be fun. I play High School golf in Crown Point Indiana, its near Chicago. We are lucky enough to play at Eukue Golf Club. Ive been told its one of the top coarses in Indiana and is one of the top 20 hardest. My first day playing there last week was pretty bad. I believe par for the coarse was 72 and I shot a 98. Not my best work to say the very least. Nice Thread Idea.

I played a course with my attorney/long-time friend, and he said that his innitiation(sp? lol) fee was 30,000 bucks, haha. Shady Oaks in fort worth for any of the DFW folks. It was really really nice, but not worth that IMO. The clubhouse was AMAZING though. It had a HUGE locker room with "honorary" lockers for Ben Hogan, Tiger Woods and such. It was pretty cool to see.

OPT, actually it wasnt that hot in New Mexico, it was in Albuquerque. It rained every day for about 30 minutes haha.

beis, 98 isnt bad for that hard of a course, unless youre a scratch golfer.