Spending on Taxpayer-Funded Trips Rises Tenfold

While unemployment is up and the stock market is still hurting, your congress is traveling overseas at record rates and costs.
    The spending on overseas travel is up almost tenfold since 1995, and has nearly tripled since 2001, according to the Journal analysis of 60,000 travel records. Hundreds of lawmakers traveled overseas in 2008 at a cost of about $13 million. That's a 50% jump since Democrats took control of Congress two years ago.

The cost of so-called congressional delegations, known among lawmakers as "codels," has risen nearly 70% since 2005, when an influence-peddling scandal led to a ban on travel funded by lobbyists, according to the data.
    And of course the wives come with them to "work."
    In mid-June, Sen. Daniel Inouye (D., Hawaii) led a group of a half-dozen senators and their spouses on a four-day trip to France for the biennial Paris Air Show. An itinerary for the event shows that lawmakers flew on the Air Force's version of the Boeing 737, which costs $5,700 an hour to operate. They stayed at the Intercontinental Paris Le Grand Hotel, which advertises rooms from $460 a night.
    This is by far the most despicable:
    Often, lawmakers combine trips to war zones with visits to more tranquil spots. In February, House Speaker Nancy Pelosi led a delegation of Democratic lawmakers to visit U.S. troops in Afghanistan for a day. Before landing in Kabul, the eight lawmakers and their entourage of spouses and aides spent eight days in Italy, spending $57,697 on hotels and meals.
    Both Democrats and Republicans are guilty of trips, but it is the Democrats that are leading congress now and should be held responsible. I'm not happy with my taxes going to some spouse's trip to France.

2. Check out Steel City Collectibles Clearance Center
    yeah politicians as a whole spend too much money, on theirselves, and the lazy haha (not really funny, but still). But what can we do about it? Nothing really.

Plus, I like how that baby in your avatar is putting that doll or whatever in an arm-bar. So funny haha. Is that your baby or related to you?

flights still cost money. The flights that I have been on have tripled in the past 15 years. What used to cost me $150 round trip is now close to $500 for the same route