2. SCC - Feb 2018
    Just a comment... This is the 7,000th thread on this board.

By the way, Dan wrote this, not Karine, she just edited it.

this is why everybody likes ud masterpieces

I would like to see more numbered base cards, which would be harder to build. I have so many base dupes, that I have to give to kids, so I have room in my house.

Great quick-read! It's really unfortunate that there are some people who don't want base, and will go to the point of throwing them away!

I agree base cards have been forgotten as higher end products such as GU, autos, and 1/1s have stolen the show. There are some nice base cards out there that I have chosen to keep simply because I like the design. the Upper Deck Heros set continues to be a favorite of mine. It is kind of ironic that base cards of Mickey Mantle, Hank Aaron, and Willie Mays from the 50s and 60s are some of the more sought after products but once you see their BV and historical value, you can understand why. Nice article.

Tone down the base cards. Make them numbered and maybe cut down on packaging and boxes might be cheaper by a few $.

i think vintage base cards will always be sought out and desired by collectors, but maybe not so much for base cards from the 90's and 2000's