Thread: Yao's uncertainty continues...

Yao's uncertainty continues...

ESPN is reporting that Yao Ming will wait at least one more week before deciding whether he will have surgery on his foot again or not. If he has surgery, I doubt he'll play this season, because if he hasn't recovered quickly from his first surgery, chances are that he won't recover quickly from another surgery.

Yao is the reason Ron Artest didn't come back

If Yao can't return, the Rockets are in huge trouble. They are going to shop McGrady, and if Yao doesn't return, it will basically be an entirely new team - it'll take time to gel, and they will be lucky to get some kind of star leader in return for McGrady since his value has dropped with his own injuries.

The Rockets have long been one of my favorite teams, so I am sad about the whole situation..

Yao's not getting a contract from Houston if this foot thing doesnt get resolved, because ion 2010 he's a free agent i believe
    Click banner for tradelist
    Hidden Content
    Dan LeFevour PC 192/283

If i was Houston I would just clear cap room for '10 and go after bosh.

Several misconceptions.

Even if we let McGrady's contract expire, we won't have enough cap space to sign Bosh or any "big" free agents. Why? Scola and Lowry have this cap hold that's huge. We can either resign them or renounce them. Plus, we just signed Ariza to around 6 million dollars.

Of course, if Yao does not pick up his player option (which is around 17 million), then we'll have enough space.

I'm thinking what the Rockets could agree with Yao is to have a smaller amount of money (around 10 million?) but longer years. That way Yao gets guaranteed money for the long run, while we won't lose too much if Yao gets injured again.