Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wolverine24 shill bidder?

Wolverine24 shill bidder?

I know this was brought up a few times before, but I'm watching a few auctions of Wolverine24 and noticed the same eBay ID bid on a few of the cards I'm watching, and was curious to see their bid activity:

Bid activity (%) with this seller: 91%

I doubt this changes anything, I'll probably still bid on the cards...but just curious on the shill possibility...what do you guys think?

http://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBidderProfile&mode=1&item=370224 013737&aid=w***j&eu=mQgK8f5fNJzUMZ4MmKbxeBZK5QcLgp C1&view=NONE&ssPageName=PageBidderProfileViewBids_ None_ViewLink

91% is pretty high...

it sucks when its a card you're really after cause all you can do is bid anyway

Wolverine24 is actually a friend of mine. He does not use shill bidding. He buys and sells more cards that anyone in the world. He is a good guy.

Just to give you an idea of how much he does... He spent more than $500,000 at least years national.

I have a set price in mind when bidding on a card and will not go past that, so to me it would not matter if he shill bids. Im not for shill bidding, but if you dont want to be shilled dont bid past your set price. I know it sucks but thats how some people are. also just dont bid, if you think he is a shill bids.

Maybe its a person that loves his cards lol He has some phenominal cards for sale and I have bought from him before. As far as shilling is concerned, you already have an idea how much you want to pay for the card so if it goes too high oh well there will be more. You will see mixed feelings about this guy here on this thread.

I just bought something from him with no problems and the price was fair.

Quote Originally Posted by mvpsportscards View Post
    Wolverine24 is actually a friend of mine. He does not use shill bidding. He buys and sells more cards that anyone in the world. He is a good guy.

Just to give you an idea of how much he does... He spent more than $500,000 at least years national.

Quote Originally Posted by mvpsportscards View Post

I don't know if many people on these boards are willing to take your word for it. A lot of the stuff he does just doesn't make sense to me like why would over 90% of some peoples bids be with just the one seller? When a rare card gets sold on ebay why does it some times get sold to one person and then is for sale by wolverine24 just a few weeks later. There is also the fact that he sells fake patches a lot.

I do know that he spends a ton of money at shows. I've seen it in person and even sold some stuff to him when I set up.

The last thread I saw about Wolverine shilling was for a $5 card, trust me, this guy has bigger fish to fry, so I don't think he's too concerned about a card that may sell for $20. I'm not defending him because I've seen some shady autos and patches he's sold, but lets be real here, he's not worried about shilling a card with $40 in BV.

Thats pretty bad...lol 91% is very suspicious

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast