Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Thread: Bored....

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Cabrinihockey98's Items on eBay

Bored....

I'm pretty bored lately with the hobby. There really aren't many Giroux cards left for me except the expensive low numbered cards I don't have and they rarely pop up.

I guess now I just have to wait till the cup comes out.....

blah

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See frankrock's Items on eBay

One thing you could do is have a "side project"... one where you really don't put too much time and effort in, but enjoy collecting casually. If you're a completist, it'll drive ya nuts, but if you can just have a casual collection on the side then it can fill in the gaps when Giroux cards aren't popping up.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Cabrinihockey98's Items on eBay

Frank, thanks for hte suggestion. Appreciate it!

I'm sort of a completist. I get bored of things and move on to other things, but I have nothing else im really interested in.

I think I'll just wait for the new cards to come on out!

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See sg89collector's Items on eBay

Rich, I hear ya... I'm a completist too... I can not focus on any other collection except the Gags.

I do though.. try and collect cards of players I like... I also got into TTM/customs which is fun too.

One thing about only needing those rare ones... it's good on the wallet (for a while)

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

I hear ya, but for slightly different reasons. Ever since I got that stick, cards don't seem to have quite the same appeal. While I was out in Kelowna I got quite a few IP autos and I'm thinking of getting into the TTM game with 8x10 photos. Plus, with all the turnover on the Habs roster, I've moved a ton of formerly PC items into the traders' section and haven't really got too excited yet about all the new guys, though I have already made a couple deals.

I blame the summer. Once 09-10 kicks in, that will likely change!
    Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HI (73)
    Country
    Twitter: @@sholi2000 See sholi2000's Items on eBay

Enjoy the break while yuo can, once the new products come out you'll be in the hunt again. I call this time of season my break from the hobby.

Hey Richard, I completely agree. I have a hard time even thinking about buying GU cards because of my jersey.

I saw a Carey Price OPCP /5 on th ebay the other day, I wanted it but couldn't justify the price compared to buying an actual jersey. Stil fun to look at, just a different fun.

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

What I've found for myself.... keeping things interesting..... is that I try and keep a few projects on the go at all times. My Ranford collection is obviously the top priority.... but it's rare that I find any new cards.... though I did get one in last week. Down to 12 :)

I've got an Oilers project on the go, trying for a RC / Auto / GU / Pictured with Edmonton of everyone to ever play for them. I'm very close to nailing all the RCs... but not quite half way on the Autos. Somewhere in the middle for 'pictured with Edmonton' and I've only got GU cards of a couple dozen of them.

Combine those two projects with a few sets that I'm working on, and I'm never really board.

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Enjoy the break while yuo can, once the new products come out you'll be in the hunt again. I call this time of season my break from the hobby.

Hey Richard, I completely agree. I have a hard time even thinking about buying GU cards because of my jersey.

I saw a Carey Price OPCP /5 on th ebay the other day, I wanted it but couldn't justify the price compared to buying an actual jersey. Stil fun to look at, just a different fun.

I think I know the one you're thinking of - the auto patch with 2 or 3 colours in every window right? Beautiful card but like you say, once you get the bug for entire game-used pieces it's hard to go back to pieces of those pieces.
    I'm even starting to slow down a little on getting Carey's autos - I think I'm well over a dozen now and even though that's only a small fraction of the 206 auto cards he has, at some point when does one say enough?