Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Kobe Checks In On Recent Laker News

It's been nearly a month since the team won Game 5 against the Orlando Magic, taking the NBA Finals in five games.

Los Angeles Lakers star Kobe Bryant finally won his fourth title after six straight seasons of disappointment.

Since then Bryant has enjoyed his time off from basketball; his first offseason in two years without Team USA obligations.

"I'm rested up but I'm going to take several more [weeks], that's for sure, take some time and really recover," said Bryant. "It's been good though. It's been a great summer so far."

Link: http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=13199

Kobe and Magic were also seen at Michael Jackson's memorial service, giving their respects:

Overall, he sounds very pleased with the acquisition of Ron Artest, but devastated by the lost of Ariza.

Also, I don't like the fact that the lakers were rumored to low-ball Lamar Odom, plus i feel that we need to sign him to atleast a 3 year deal and not a 1.
    Last edited by jeebus86; 07-07-2009 at 07:22 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Ariza was definitely a huge loss, the guy was awesome and I'll miss seeing him in purple and gold. As for Odom I completely agree with you, Lakers low-balled Ariza and look what happend and now they're trying to do it with Lamar? that's ridiculous, I hope they sign him to no less than a 3 year deal and pay the man what he deserves.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See kgarnett215's Items on eBay

Low balling Odom = Odom leaving...and that would be even more devastating if they can't retain one of the 2 that they hoped they could resign.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I'm sure Mitch will make a reasonable offer to Odom, and resign him. After all, unlike Ariza, there's no other free agents out there that could replace Odom.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See remnantrocketbuyer's Items on eBay

To the video, why was Kobe up there?

It doesn't seem like he knew him personally, but Magic in the other hand....

Kentucky Fried Chicken! :)

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Los Angeles Dodgers Los Angeles Lakers Atlanta Falcons
    Twitter: @JesRey7 See jesrey7's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale

Odom said he was going to take less money to stay with the Lakers but i hope they don't get him mad with a horrible offer

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Cleveland Browns Cleveland Indians Cleveland Cavaliers
    See selby1286's Items on eBay

I doubt Odom is leaving, the Lakers will do whatever it takes to keep him, especially since they let Ariza slip away.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

To the video, why was Kobe up there?

It doesn't seem like he knew him personally, but Magic in the other hand....

Kentucky Fried Chicken! :)

Exactly, reading off cue cards.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Exactly, reading off cue cards.

A LOT of people who were there didn't know him personally but were there to pay their respects because they were fans of MJ's...stop hatin'.