Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Free-Agent David Lee Not Receiving Offers

Free-agent forward David Lee has not been receiving contract offers from teams. Supposedly, the only team that has enough money to sign him is the Thunder, but they don't want him, so he may be forced to accept a 1-year minimum contract offer from the Knicks, or $2.2 million.

I don't understand why teams don't want to sign him! I know there are teams with more than $2.2 million in cap space...it's not like he's a scrub player either - he did lead the league in double-doubles last season! Even more bizarre is the fact that Anderson Varejao and Paul Millsap are receiving $8+ million per season...

2. SCC End 2017
    This is real suprising, Lee is a great player, Cavs should've signed him before Varajeao especially if they wanted to spend 9 mill on that position
    Click banner for tradelist
    Hidden Content
    Dan LeFevour PC 192/283

the bulls should pick him up instead of trying to trade for boozer

If the Bulls get him, that would mean no Wade, as any team that would sign him would most likely want him for more than one season, I'd think - but, then again, noone wants him anyway, apparently

this is why the knicks are stupid. Won't spend $6 million on a guy who led the league in double doubles and hustles his *** off every night, but will spend $21 million a year on marbury or $16 million a year on Eddy Curry, or even $40 million for 4 years on a coach and then fire him the next year. Great general managing.

I wish the Cavs would go after him. He has a decent jumper if I remember correctly? He isn't a three point shooter, but he can hit 15 footers, Varejao misses lay-ups sometimes.

Can the Spurs offer him a contract for the minimum? That would be sweet if they got him

Well he is a Restricted Free Agent which may be why people aren't after him. Knicks could match any offer and teams would need to offer something crazy high and all of the contenders looking to spend money have already used it up. The Spurs have already used their MLE on McDyess so they are out of the running.

Well he is a Restricted Free Agent
    ESPN said he was a UFA, I thought...huh, then I guess this thread is worthless...lol

Quote Originally Posted by garnett_21 View Post
    ESPN said he was a UFA, I thought...huh, then I guess this thread is worthless...lol

Was it one of their analyst's??? They tend to mess up a lot!!!

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/s...eeAgents-09-10

This lets you know who the Free Agents are for this year and 2010 as well as the RFA and the UFA

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast