Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Thread: Misprint

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See jmlalala's Items on eBay

Misprint

So i was going through some of my semi/unlisted base cards and came across a 97-98 Dale Hawerchuk Donruss card. As i went to put it in plastic, i saw that the back said 1 of 500, but it wasn't a gold press proof, just a normal card. Here's a scan:

The Gold Press Proof's are die-cut and have gold lettering on the back, but this is just a normal card. Has anyone else encountered any of these? Since it's 1 of 500 but not a gold press proof, i figured it would be pretty unique unless there were a lot of misprint's. what do u think?
    Last edited by jagrnyr68; 07-14-2009 at 04:46 PM.

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Definetly an error. Not sure what to make of it. I'm going to bet it's something that happened to all of the Hawerchuk cards (either all the base got the stamp, or not of the press proofs were made properly). It's very possible that it's a low print run error. I've never heard of that happening.

Assistant General Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

If you have time scan the front. That is unique as you say it was gold at 500 and the other at what 1000 or 2500. Can't remember but I know I not seen one like you mention.

DON

SCF Rewards
    Country

the Hawerchuks are all that way.. I opened a bunch of boxes of that stuff, and they all say 1 of 500.

you want a modern error:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/07-08-UD-THE-CUP...%3A1|294%3A200

"Hurricnes" down the side.. that is just horrible..

SCF Rewards
    Country

alright thanks for the info canesice, posted the front of it anyways

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Petro1717's Items on eBay

dunno if anyone else noticed, but does it say DAVE instead of DALE for his first name lol, could just be my computer

SCF Rewards
    Country

dunno if anyone else noticed, but does it say DAVE instead of DALE for his first name lol, could just be my computer

looks like that to me too

a rare double error

SCF Rewards
    Country

wow, good look, i didn't even see that , yea i just looked at it and it says dave....weird