Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards

Insurance when sending cards in for grading?

This may be a basic newbie type question, but how does this work? Let's say I am sending in 50-100 cards for grading to BGS, the value of the cards could be substantial. How much does this cost, and how do you prove to the USPS that the cards were actually that valuable if something happens? Assume USPS mail, unless someone has a better suggestion. Thanks for the advice!

SCF Rewards
    Country

Re: Insurance when sending cards in for grading?

Originally posted by bootydaddy
    This may be a basic newbie type question, but how does this work? Let's say I am sending in 50-100 cards for grading to BGS, the value of the cards could be substantial. How much does this cost, and how do you prove to the USPS that the cards were actually that valuable if something happens? Assume USPS mail, unless someone has a better suggestion. Thanks for the advice!

it is a good thing that beckett list those guides and I am sure that the post office will honor it. One thing the clerk at the PO told me was that, they very seldom lose items that are insured, I laughed and he said, then we would have to pay.

SCF Rewards

I'm sure they never lose anything ! But, do you have to list the contents (each and every card) when you ask for the insurance? And, put its value down at that time?

SCF Rewards
    Country

you don't have to, but you might want to for your protection and maybe take a pic of it, not that means those auctual cards are in there but if can help state your case in the event they do lose them....no no the PO will tell you that they will lose about 2% of the mail, but they told if it was insured those numbers go down to about .5%.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See IggyWH's Items on eBay

Yes, definitely like Ryan said... if you're sending a substancial amount, I would make an inventory list and then take pictures of the cards. Beckett lost an order of mine once that was like $1,000 in value but it was my dumb fault for not getting insurance!

SCF Rewards

Thanks for the advice, it still bothers me that they tell you upfront there is a .05 percent chance your package will be lost! Nothing is perfect, I guess...