Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2010 Winter Classic Announced

2010 Winter Classic Announced

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=4...id=DL|NHL|Home

By Dan Rosen

From the Red Sox to the Rolling Stones to Franklin D. Roosevelt, Fenway Park has hosted its Monster-size share of historic and memorable events. Come Jan. 1, 2010, the National Hockey League will become part of the ballpark's storied legacy.

The NHL officially announced Wednesday in a press conference inside the venerable ballpark at 4 Yawkey Way that the 2010 Bridgestone/NHL Winter Classic will be played in Boston, with the Bruins hosting the Philadelphia Flyers in the first hockey game to be played at Fenway Park, and only the second to be played in a Major League Baseball stadium.

"A unique event deserves a unique venue, and we are delighted the Bruins and Flyers will renew their rivalry, with the 'Green Monster' providing the backdrop," NHL Commissioner Gary Bettman said. "We welcome our fans, our teams, our sponsors and the great city of Boston to this annual celebration of our sport."

The Winter Classic is only 2 years old and already it is one of the most anticipated events on the annual sports calendar.

This ends the Conklin outdoor game streak, unless STL decides to trade him lol

Quote Originally Posted by marekschwarz33 View Post
    That would be funny if they did. I look forward to watching this game.
    D
    O
    N
    Customized Shoes for any occasion!
    Hidden Content
    Actions are backed up by words, I wish more of us backed them up!!!
    If you have talent with video editing and would like to join the staff drop me a pm!

Yep, I thought the same thing. SOMETHING tells me, STL will place him on waivers and the Bruins will grab him on Dec. 31st and he'll be in the net, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by littlekane1088 View Post
    Yep, I thought the same thing. SOMETHING tells me, STL will place him on waivers and the Bruins will grab him on Dec. 31st and he'll be in the net, lol.
    I hope they do! I'm not a big fan of Conklin I was hoping the Blues could sign Clemmensen

Quote Originally Posted by marekschwarz33 View Post

they'll loan him out to the better offer

I am not a die hard hockey fan by no means However I might even be willing to buy a few tickets to see this game!
    TRADING FOR ALL JEROME BETTIS I NEED! Hidden Content
    Collecting Ben Roethlisberger and Charlie Batch
    “The only real failure in life is not to be true to the best one knows.”-Buddha

I won't, lol, went to this year's at Wrigley though, that was amazing!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast